PC-A71FB Build

OcUK Staff
OP
Lol, yeh, forgot to cover up the background, oh well.

The braiding came today, just got to wait for Slame's tools to come :) Massive thanks to him for letting me borrow them :p

Cut all the heat shrink sections up in preparation, because I have nothing else to do XD

The braid didn't come like that btw, I just dropped it, tried to fix it, then found that's not easy with 50m of braid XD

OcUK Staff
OP
Thought I would just update this, most of this was a few days ago, just not got round to updating until now

The new rads came :) 140 dual and triple phobyas.

so did Slame's tools :D cheers Slame

Which I used to do this to my PSU cables:

OcUK Staff
OP
still not sure what color to do the fluid, I was going to do ice white but apparently the ice white pastel fluid is only meant for showing your PC off and not for long term fluid as it goes off basically over time, not 100% sure if this is totally true but not worth the risk, which means I really need to find either a good stable white alternative, or go full red

What you think?

OcUK Staff
OP
sdc16215.jpg

sdc16214.jpg

sdc16213.jpg

Cleaned it up a bit and added the hose to the tube res

Soldato
Nice looking build, the white and red braid makes them stand out more than just the plain red. Is there any plans to paint/powdercoat the case or is it staying silver?

The loop order confused me for a while due to the rads until I worked it out. Is there any benefit in running rads like that as I thought they weren't that restrictive or have you done it because it gives and easier tube route?

As for fluid, I thought all Mayhems pastel liquids could be used long term. Your own site lists life of fluid of around 2 years :p Also out of stupidity I asked him in the development thread and he confirmed around 2 years. So I would say go for white pastel liquid.

Edit: Actually really confused by the loop order. As far as I can see there is only one port out of the bottom of the res which goes into gpu, the return to the res comes from the from rad by the look of it making the one to the gpu the 'out' line from the res. So confused at where the pump is going to sit and the order it will pump in.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
it's missing a tube res and pump atm ;) the pump is what I am waiting on, the whole system runs in parallel, there is no down side to doing it this way and I think it looks neater :)

Yeh they are fine for long term apparently just have to flush my system first got confused by a colleague.

The case I think is staying silver because I think if I powder coat it it will look too black.

OcUK Staff
OP
sdc16217o.jpg

As you can see it does not look so silver when the back panel is on, I am not having the side panel cut I don't think anyway, I want a solid look, the interior is really just for my pleasure, but I can always cut this later if I choose otherwise.

Also with the pump covering a large part of the base, that will not seem so silver either.

Back
Top Bottom