PC BOOT ISSUE

Associate
hello the community,
hope all are well and good,so am looking for some help or advice as to why this pre built of my nephews is refusing to boot,this maybe long winded so please bear with me
first of all spec sheet
ASUS ROG STRIX X299-EGAMING II (this was a replacement board as the original he was told could have been the issue original was asus rog strix x299-e gaming)
intel core i7 7820X CPU
NZXT X53 240 AIO (otiginally came with corsair H150i 360 which also failed as i added a fan tower cooler and this allowed boot with decent temps the H150i had a bad pump as it was cooking nicely over 100 degrees)
ASUS STRIX GTX 1080Ti 12gb graphics card
RAM 32gb Corsair vengance RGB DDR4 3000 4x8gb sticks
Samsung 970 Pro M.2 boot drive 512gb
6x corsair LL120 rgb fans
corsair commander pro
PSU seasonic snow silent 1050W 80plus platinum (was also replaced originally came with corsair CX550M 550W 80plus bronze)

so it started having issues after he purchased it turning itself off mid game etc,so i had the snow silent lying around and gave it to my nephew as i thought the original PSU was pushing it close in terms or power usage,this did not fix the issue and after attempting boot with the new PSU nothing would boot although power was showing going to the board
i have since replaced the PSU AIO and MB but with the same results when attempting to boot the PSU fan has a quick turn and then just stops,power still shows going to the MB but neither the fans or the ram RGB light up,neither do the system fans turn,there is no RGB from the kraken X53 either so not sure what is causing the issue,have replaced pretty much every cable in the PC but still the issue persists

if anyone has any advice to help solve this issue it would be a god send

thanks

Associate
Remove from case, place MB on a piece of cardboard, remove any storage/nvme. Add and then re-seat cpu/cooler, RAM and GPU. Attach PSU (both 24pin and CPU 6-8pin). Reset CMOS and try to boot to BIOS.

If no joy then try this in order:

Single stick of RAM
Another GPU if you have one
Another CPU

Last edited:
Associate
OP
if anyone can delete
Remove from case, place MB on a piece of cardboard, remove any storage/nvme. Add and then re-seat cpu/cooler, RAM and GPU. Attach PSU (both 24pin and CPU 6-8pin). Reset CMOS and try to boot to BIOS.

If no joy then try this in order:

Single stick of RAM
Another GPU if you have one
Another CPU
tried all that and when i got to the PSU replacement...just in case it was that the PSU i used a EVGA 750w gold fried part of the MB...actually saw smoke....so am gonna give up on this one but thanks for the quick reply if any admin can delete the thread that would be awesome...thank you

Back
Top Bottom