Pc build

Associate
Hi guys

I’m pretty new to pc gaming but want to get into and would like help in what specs I need I’d like a pc with a I7 processor between £800-£1100 to play games like Fortnite/overwatch/WOW and other games along those lines so they run at a decent graphics thank you for your help.

Hi guys

£800-£1100 to play games like Fortnite/overwatch/WOW and other games along those lines so they run at a decent graphics thank you for your help.

Welcome

Recommend specs for your games

WOW Battle for Azeroth Recommended specs

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 or AMD FX-8310 or later (Ryzen 1600)
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or AMD™ Radeon™ R9 280 or later
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 70 GB

Fortnite Recommended spec

Operating System Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
Processor Core i5 2.8 Ghz (Ryzen 1400)
Memory 8 GB RAM
Video Card Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU
Video Memory 2 GB VRAM

Overwatch

Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
Processor
Intel® Core™ i5 or AMD Phenom™ II X3 or better (ryzen 1300x)
Video
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 or better
Memory
6 GB RAM

do you also need a monitor ?
and would you be happy to self build or buy one pre-made?

I will need a monitor yes and the only thing with self building is I’m not 100% in it all so I wouldn’t really know what to do I’d be more happy If everything was just there so I could just buy it as it was all out together but I just don’t really know what I’m looking for if you know what I mean.

Take a gander at OCUK's ranges of PC by game here. You'll need to add on peripherals.

A quick precis: you don't need an I7, and a GTX 1050 Ti should do you but try to get a GTX 1060.

I will need a monitor yes and the only thing with self building is I’m not 100% in it all so I wouldn’t really know what to do I’d be more happy If everything was just there so I could just buy it as it was all out together but I just don’t really know what I’m looking for if you know what I mean.

2 options in that case, slapping a list together on here and getting OCUK to build it , normally costs £50-80 for a basic build from them, or their built to order systems

Might be able to get it built for £1100 within monitor in there- i believe they will install OS to test but without Key - can pick on off the net for £20 odd

ryzen 2600 6 core 12 thread CPU
RX 580 (same level as gtx 1060) which will sync frame rates with freesync monitor above or this better model)
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,056.84 (includes shipping: £0.00)

other will link pre-mades as above , and you should be fine with i5 8400 to save costs!!!!!

So which would you say is better for me and the games I want to play the Ryzen or the top one you put.

That could cause tens of posts going back and forth haha

Baring in mind this is using flagship GPU which is easily double the performance of gtx 1060/Rx 580 so puts more strain on the CPU at 1080p

Gtx 1060 wouldn't cause as much of a difference in frames, but in some games you can see there's no real difference .

If you can mate the i7 with rx580 and the Freesync screen you'll be onto a winner , but would be over priced. Again .I've used a flagship B360 board that's better then most Z370 boards and has prob the best WiFi you can get if you need to use WiFi

I7 also has 8GB compared to the 16GB of the ryzen, we tend to spec 16GB more and only 8GB if we can't make the budget

Also I've thrown in 144hz monitor , can use 60hz but the monitor will last a while and with Fortnite, you'll be hitting high FPS, so might as well enjoy fast smooth gameplay that consoles can't match (yet)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom