Pc cant boot in Bios error code 55

Associate
Hello ,
I just bought a new system maximus x hero , 8700k, and Ram 3600 mhz g.skill trident z rgb and my pc dont want to boot in Bios. The board has the error code 55 and the dram led lighting is showing, from what i checked on board manual the 55 code is “ not ram installed” . I remove the ram and i put it again i switch position and i also try with one ram slot but nothing . Could it be a ram problem ? Can i have a little help or advice what the problem would be ?
Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yes i tried clear bios, i using ek custom water cooling and i put the cpu with the motherboard cpu helping tool . How can i understand a bent pin ? I was very carefull with installation.
Thanks

OcUK Staff
NO..................its a problem with contact if you cant boot at stock with one stick......Either the board is bent by over tightening of the cooler, a cpu pin is bent or the memory slots are damaged....................

Associate
OP
From a lot of testing i have some interesting results. I put the screws of the cpu block less tight and i reinstall the rams one by one and i manage to boot in bios .. The interesting thing is that the system boots only when i install the rams in the two last slot, right of the motherboard Dimm B1 and Dimm B2 . Base on the manual for dual channel it should be Dimm A2 and Dimm B2 .? Im a little confuse ,is it normal? I'm thinking that maybe i have to change some settings in bios for voltage for the other slots to work with the specific ram?
Thank you for your support

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I check it , and i put the cpu headsink back i didnt find any bent pin either on board or cpu or ram. but why is work only on the Dimm B slots? Bdw i have enter windows and computer works normally . The computer not enter bios when only i install rams on ths DIMM A slots the first two ones.
Thanks

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Only one channel is working as the electrical chain to the second channel is brocken. So the cpu has a fault or a pad on the cpu bottom is dirty, or you have a bent pin in the cpu socket or memory socket or the board is being warped by uneven or excessive pressure.

Associate
OP
It looks like that there is a bent pin on the cpu socket , im not very sure if the motherboard came like this or i did it accidentally when i try to reinstall the cpu bracket, now what can i do ? :confused:

OcUK Staff
I told you this from post one...

Motherboard vendors x-ray the sockets so they never leave the factory bent.

Bend it back into place carefully with tweezers or similar be very careful. Should be able to fix it easy enough.

Associate
OP
I bent it back somehow i manage to boot in Dimm A2 , B2 for dual channel but the B1 is not working now the A1 is fine. It would be a problem if i leave it like that ?
Thanks for your support.

Associate
I told you this from post one...

Motherboard vendors x-ray the sockets so they never leave the factory bent.

Bend it back into place carefully with tweezers or similar be very careful. Should be able to fix it easy enough.
Please don't listen to this yahoo. They don't xray **** and they leave the factory bent all the time lol. Sometimes you'll get an entire motherboard that's bent. That's why it's advised you check the quality of the product before leaving the store so they can't blame the defect on you after you installed it.

Back
Top Bottom