PC Case, Vertical Graphics Card Mount

Soldato
You could sit the case on its front panel, that way the GPU would be vertical :p

I'm assuming you mean a riser so you can see the face of the card through the window? I've always thought it was a shame to hide tasty looking GPUs... But that case has no vertical PCIe bracket by the looks of it

Associate
Hi Guys,
Corsair CC-9011059-WW 780T Case
can I mount my MSI 1080 graphics card vertically ?

thanx

You can buy a kit from corsair that allows you to do this, the only thing is it will get really warm unless watercooled or the panel is removed.

Also lose some processing with the riser cable, not much but you will see 1-2fps drop.

I've always wanted to do this but ended up not doing it due to the bad feedback on vertical mounting and the price of GPU's if anything did go wrong.

Associate
I bought the View 71 case with the intention of mounting the GPU vertically - I must say an excellent case with tons of room but as you can't hide the cables a bit more thought needs to go into routing them around the case and making it look tidy.

Issue I had was the damn CPU cooler was just a few mm too big (even with the offset at max), so had to resort to the standard GPU installation.

Can't recall reading anything about loosing fps via the use of riser cable, just need a quality one to ensure the signal is 100%.

I still intend to install the GPU vertical at some point in the future.

Back
Top Bottom