PC case wall mounting advice

Associate
i am wanting to mount my pc maybe 1m above my desk, it is pretty heavy.
Lian-Li 011 air. fully watrercooled gpu and cpu with 2 thick 360mm radiators.
what are my option?

EDIT - shelving options would be ok aswell.

Last edited:
Associate
I would weigh it if you have some bathroom scales. I'm sure you could find some shelf brackets made to hold 50+KG, which should be more than enough.

Associate
I have a my P5 wall mounted above my desk. I know its easier as it has a VESA mount built in. I used anchor bolts and its probably overkill. I could sit on top of the P5 and it wouldnt budge :)

Xew3fdr.jpg

Associate
OP
Yea mine is sort of in a corner in the main living room so I think a shelf on the wall would be best. I'm not moving it for show just for more room on my desk.

Soldato
I have a my P5 wall mounted above my desk. I know its easier as it has a VESA mount built in. I used anchor bolts and its probably overkill. I could sit on top of the P5 and it wouldnt budge :)

Xew3fdr.jpg

Great Case... I have a brand new one at home i was looking at using for a build that i never got round to doing. I have looked at cutting down the PCIe slot bracket and the pillars that hold the plexiglass to make it more slimline..

Associate
Great Case... I have a brand new one at home i was looking at using for a build that i never got round to doing. I have looked at cutting down the PCIe slot bracket and the pillars that hold the plexiglass to make it more slimline..

I never thought of that. I might actually do that when it's coming off the wall next for an upgrade. Only thing I'd have to be careful of is the bend on the pcie riser cable if the GPU is going to be closer to the board. Great idea though

Soldato
I think as you would have to cut the edge of the PCIe bracket down at the plexi side. This is where the bend on the edge is so it might reduce the rigidity but as you have got a watercooled GPU it should be fine. I was going to get my fried with a lathe to cut down the posts and rethread them. You could even put some grooves round them, paint them black and put some neon string in there as well.. :D

You could even make it ultra low profile by drilling ventilation holes in the plexi above the rad fans and PSU fan and mounting it flush depending on how far your other components stick out.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom