PC Crashing

Associate
Hi all!

I feel I have the worst luck regarding PCs...for 5 years on and off, for one reason or another, my PC keeps randomly crashing, locking (never a blue screen) and today I finally saw an error code in Event Viewer - though it could be unrelated.

Bit by bit I've replaced every single component in the PC - all to no avail - which means either I have really bad luck or I'm an idiot.

Usually happens under load when gaming - I've monitored CPU and GPU temps - neither breach 70 degrees.

Everything is factory settings, other than DOCP on the ram to get it to the specified 3600mhz

Hardware:

Asus B550-F Mobo
Ryzen 9 3900XT
16 GB T-Force Xtreeem DDR4 3600MHz
Strix 3080
RM1000i PSU
NZXT Water Cooler
M.2 SSD (Purchased within last 2 months)

Error I spotted in Event Viewer:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 9

The details view of this entry contains further information

Any ideas? I'm at a complete loss!

Cheers :)

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info.

I did end up having a play with the RAM Calc - B550 isn't in the list of boards on there - read you can use X570 instead. Either way - copying info recommended into the bios made it fail to post.

Out of interest I put the DOCP profile for 3600 on and booted to memtest86 from a USB - left it to run for 3 hours and it passed.

Annoying thing is I can't get it to consistently crash. Sometimes it will be playing a game full tilt, others doing nothing stressing at all like watching a youtube video

Soldato
I did end up having a play with the RAM Calc - B550 isn't in the list of boards on there - read you can use X570 instead.
Well, memory controller is in the CPU with chipset having nothing to do with that.
And B550 boards should use daisy chain wiring for DIMM slots just like X570 boards.

Associate
Hi, I've often had computer crash issues, but to be honest, always with a death screen (blue) and an error code.
So what I think about is that it can be either some drivers missing that you can check in Device manager (search for all stuff with exclamation mark) or a random virus that is crashing the comp. Try to check it with an independent virus scan.

Back
Top Bottom