PC game prices

Soldato
Yep, PC games prices are as good/better than they've ever been. I pay on average £15 per game, there are huge numbers of great deals on games that are just a few months old and yet cost under £10... Whether its an attempt to fight piracy, or increased competition, being PC gamer is really not as expensive as it once was:)

Associate
Ill just wait for bargains Ill only get a game on release if i really want to play it such as BF3 but anything else can wait... mass effect 3. Batman (except im skin to buy it while its under £10) I have enough games I havnt even completed yet, started on Half life 2 completed it is 12 hours ep 1 done that in 2.2

Soldato
Anyone else worried by the recent huge rise in prices of PC games? Especially those only available as download? When PC games were around £25 the equivalent console game could be £10 more now that PC games are pretty much free to distribute they seem to have shot up to £40.

Andi.

It's because Valve/Steam can't compete against the likes of Tesco, Walmart and Amazon in terms of purchasing power and market dominance and rely on the convenience that digital download offers. So the bottom line is if you want cheap buy the box copy if you want it asap go digital. So if you not happy about paying £40 for the Steam version then don't pay it and shop around. Recently I've picked up some great deals from Game in fact just yesterday I bought Shogun 2 Total War for £12 for one of my mates birthday presents, the value is out their you just have to look.

HR4

HR4

Associate
I think PC games are reasonably good value. When I bought the first Play Station the game ‘Doom’ cost £30, that was back in either 1996 or 97, pc games were cheaper then , so no games are still pretty much good value.
The problem with pc games is the level of equipment/spec you need to have. Some games are requiring higher and higher pc specs to run the games well, you can part with a lot of money on a decent pc just to get the game to run well. Whereas with the console the players have a fixed price and the certainty that the machine is good for at least 4-5yrs before an upgrade is out.

Back
Top Bottom