PC games for a console gamer.

Soldato
OP
Kingpin eeyy? That's been released on steam a few months ago! I played that game for a good 3 years, RM DM and RM Bagman were top!

I've still got the disk somewhere I'm sure. Hopefully it being on Steam might encourage people to play it online again.

I was massivly addicted for a good long time. I was always a DM man myself, not that good at baggy but I did enjoy playing it.

Associate
Really, I'd be looking at PC exclusives as any games that are multiplatform I'll most likely buy for my 360.

Do you mind me asking why?

Just that some multi platform games would be better on the PC, B:AA and RE5 being recent examples. Just plug in your 360 pad and enjoy playing cheaper games at a higher res with double the frame rate.

The two I mentioned are Live enabled as well so you should be able to log in with your XBox live account and get the gamer points and achievements.

Only downside, apart from some ports are naff tbh, would be no cross platform online. So if you have a big friends list on Xbox you wouldn't for example be able to play RE5 co-op PC + XBox.

I wouldn't recommend always buying the PC version mind, as some ports really are poor but it'd be worth reading up on the PC versions as they can be better.

Soldato
OP
Do you mind me asking why?

Just that some multi platform games would be better on the PC, B:AA and RE5 being recent examples. Just plug in your 360 pad and enjoy playing cheaper games at a higher res with double the frame rate.

The two I mentioned are Live enabled as well so you should be able to log in with your XBox live account and get the gamer points and achievements.

Only downside, apart from some ports are naff tbh, would be no cross platform online. So if you have a big friends list on Xbox you wouldn't for example be able to play RE5 co-op PC + XBox.

I wouldn't recommend always buying the PC version mind, as some ports really are poor but it'd be worth reading up on the PC versions as they can be better.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there really. Most of my friends are on Live! so from a social point of view it makes more sense for my 360 to be my gaming platform.

Also, it's a lot more comfortable to play games sat on a nice sofa and infront of a large TV than it is cramped in our office on my 20" monitor.

I'll play some cross platforms games on PC, definately, you can't beat KB and mouse for FPS and RTS after all.

Also, I only have wireless pads for my 360, so to use them I would have to get one of the adapters. Not a massive problem as they are quite cheap I believe, but not quite plug and play.

Soldato
There is Half Life 2 : Episode one & two.

Get the orange box, you get all 3 episodes plus team fortress 2 and portal.

Strageties do turn into timesinks but the feeling of success is sweet. :p

Nothing like spending hours of simple amusement carefully building the in-game equivalent of a massive beartrap and watching the enemy get prawned^10.

Sudden Strike was awesome for that.

Back
Top Bottom