*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
I'll keep my eyes open. Downloaded the demo over night. Will see how it goes a bit later.

Andi.

Oh and if you have the demo already, then its just a matter of updating your account, no need to download again as all the content is already in the demo (which is unlimited free to play really with just 2 planes availabel).

Associate
Ok, this is still $9.99 (about £6) but is said to work for non US customers as well, try it

Rise of Flight Iron Cross Edition Download:
http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=2740

Not to be missed everybody- awesome PC exclusive, great graphics, great online, best physics in this genre!

Thought I'd give it a go, don't mind seeing if it will work for £6.

Am currently downloading now so seems to have worked and I'm in the UK.

Associate
Borsch, Zero Pope or anyone who is familiar with it, can you comment on the digital download of Rise of Flight ICE? Specifically whether it entails use of a custom downloader, game account creation and/or activation and if there is any DRM present?

I'm just wondering if it provides a simple installer which can be stored for repeated trouble free use in future?

Soldato
Borsch, Zero Pope or anyone who is familiar with it, can you comment on the digital download of Rise of Flight ICE? Specifically whether it entails use of a custom downloader, game account creation and/or activation and if there is any DRM present?

I'm just wondering if it provides a simple installer which can be stored for repeated trouble free use in future?

Any version of Rise of Flight has the same DRM. Game is linked to your email address. Hence you should not have to deal with another steam/origin like DRM system.

Yes, you can/should save the installer on a DVD (it fits nicely) to make it easy to reinstall in the future.

Soldato
RoF DRM is quite awesome btw. One the one hand, it does not require permanent connection whcih is only needed for Career Beta and Online (doh), but on the other- about 2 years after its release, it has still not been cracked by pirates - which means ZERO cheating online!:)

Associate
To add to Borsch's statement, I am currently downloading a 3.3GB file directly from Chrome, I haven't installed any programs, just clicked a link once purchased so I will have a zip file saved for future installations.

Caporegime
MOH, very, very underrated game imo, definitely worth a fiver.

Downloading now m8. Looking forward to a bit of shootin'. :D

So far, the good : lighting is quite nice - simple but quite effective; combat is fair to quite good; seems to have an adequate amount of variety in it; voice acting is solid; fire effects are possibly the best I've seen.

The negative : while some of the graphics look anything from slightly better than ok to quite decent, most of the time I would say they are really quite poor; I'll encapsulate the rest by simply saying COD, which I thought it wouldn't be. I was under the impression it was more in the vein of BC2.

So far, the lows are 1/10 with highs in places to around 6/10. I guess it's worth a fiver, but certainly no more.

Last edited:
Soldato
that just cause 2 "before" price is a load of balls. i was looking at buying it last week sometime and i'm sure it was 9.99. i almost ordered the DVD retail from amazon for 6 quid before remembering i don't have an optical drive. :rolleyes:

still, i might as well grab this while it's on offer. :p

Back
Top Bottom