*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Associate
has anyone played Mount & Blade: Warband? as I have come across it in the steam sales, it does interest me especially for the £3.74 it costs at the moment, is it a good game? and is it overly hard? as I'm not into games that are too much of a challenge nowa days lol

EDIT its ok, I did a bit of googling and seemed the game is infact hard and confusing lol so have bought dark messiah of might and magic :)

Last edited:
Soldato
30th December 2016:

I just watched this video and then went to check out the game as I like the look of it just to find out it's only 36 pence or just over a pound with the New Year DLC.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/482300/

Had some pennies in the wallet from trading cards so thought I'd give it a go. Looks pretty but doesn't seem to be any real substance to it, just wandering around with an odd story (music is good though). That said its less than a mars bar so can't expect much and the graphics / voice acting are good.

About half way through but had to stop as the way the camera moves all over the place was making me feel ill. :o

Associate
Have you actually tried the game at all? Or just going by videos?

It's not a pick up a weapon and kill everyone you see willy nilly, it takes skill. It IS in depth.

no I havnt tried it, it does look interesting and Its the type of game I should like but from the videos I seen and what ive read quick online it seems like it can be pretty difficult, I don't mind a slight challenge but hate rock hard games nowa days, I guess ive become a more casual gamer the older ive got lol

I think I may still pick it up at some point though to give it a go :)

EDIT: or do you mean the game I bought instead? as ive played that for a bit and so far I'm LOVING IT :)

Soldato
Mount and Blade is one of those games that you really have to immerse yourself in in order to like it. It looks ****, it's clunky and confusing, it's rather repetitive and often frustrating, the UI is awful, the AI leaves a lot to be desired... but then you ride into battle towards the enemy as your fellow knights gradually lower their lances and break into a gallop and none of that matters any more.

Worth a punt at £3.74.

Associate
Mount and Blade is one of those games that you really have to immerse yourself in in order to like it. It looks ****, it's clunky and confusing, it's rather repetitive and often frustrating, the UI is awful, the AI leaves a lot to be desired... but then you ride into battle towards the enemy as your fellow knights gradually lower their lances and break into a gallop and none of that matters any more.

Worth a punt at £3.74.

What this dude said - its the best battle game ever!

Associate
just had to ask steam for refund on dark messiah as I keep getting random crashes while playing :( shame as I bloody love the game so far, oh well will wait for refund and maybe pick up mount and blade to give it a bash

Back
Top Bottom