*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Not games, but gfx/sfx & video editing software on humble.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-creative-freedom

Professional video editing is within your grasp with the VEGAS Pro: Discover Creative Freedom bundle! Get VEGAS Pro 14 Edit, MAGIX Video Sound Cleaning Lab, MAGIX Photostory Deluxe, plus goodies like Soundpool: Stranger Synths and MAGIX Vintage Effects Suite.
Thanks for posting. Purchased and looking good. Magic installer tried to get me to install a bit of other stuff - music maker, a PC performance checker etc. I said no to all that. Is the music maker any good?

Associate
Thanks for posting. Purchased and looking good. Magic installer tried to get me to install a bit of other stuff - music maker, a PC performance checker etc. I said no to all that. Is the music maker any good?

Not bought the bundle yet as I'm afk until Monday, but most likely will then ;)

Associate
You have to provide Steam log in details.

Sod that.
I'd have to guess that the procedure is somewhat like redeeming games on steam via the redeem links in a humble account in that the link that gamesdeal provides contains the actual license key and it just directs to steam where you have to redeem it and you don't have to provide gamesdeal with your steam account details.

Soldato
I'd have to guess that the procedure is somewhat like redeeming games on steam via the redeem links in a humble account in that the link that gamesdeal provides contains the actual license key and it just directs to steam where you have to redeem it and you don't have to provide gamesdeal with your steam account details.

It isn't. It says on the website you have to provide them with a Steam Guard code, which should be a huge warning signal.

Associate
It isn't. It says on the website you have to provide them with a Steam Guard code, which should be a huge warning signal.
It doesn't state that you have to provide them with the steamguard code as it is required when you log into steam on an unknown computer or even if you log in via a web browser on a computer where you're logged in through the steam client which means that they're using the steam api to do the activation (just like when you have to log into your steam account on GoG to redeem any games that they're offering through their GoG connect that are in your steam account) and there's also two items that people are bypassing

We will not save your personal data nor forward your personal data to a third party for advertising purposes. We strongly recommend that you active the Steam Guard Service to protect your account.

Meaning that once the activation is complete, they purge all the data (also, would a company that is only in it to gain access to hundreds or even thousands of steam IDs tell you to activate two factor authentication).

This is also in the FAQ posted in the product description on the site.

If you have concerns about this activation method, please consider checking our webshop - we offer most games as both cloud activation and as regular digital activation codes.

Meaning that they do have the option of sending an actual key code instead of going through all this cloud activation garbage (and I call it that because it doesn't take that long to just activate a product on steam using a regular code and even the redeem links on humble will be even faster if you're logged into steam in the same web browser).

Soldato
It doesn't state that you have to provide them with the steamguard code as it is required when you log into steam on an unknown computer or even if you log in via a web browser on a computer where you're logged in through the steam client which means that they're using the steam api to do the activation (just like when you have to log into your steam account on GoG to redeem any games that they're offering through their GoG connect that are in your steam account) and there's also two items that people are bypassing

That doesn't appear to be how this one works. A quick Google reveals various other games resellers doing a similar thing; it's a web form that you enter the details into, they log in to your account and activate the game. The whole process is completely dodgy.

Meaning that once the activation is complete, they purge all the data (also, would a company that is only in it to gain access to hundreds or even thousands of steam IDs tell you to activate two factor authentication).

Yeah, sure they do. They shouldn't even need to say that because if it was legit, they wouldn't have access to any Steam log-in data in the first place.

Meaning that they do have the option of sending an actual key code instead of going through all this cloud activation garbage (and I call it that because it doesn't take that long to just activate a product on steam using a regular code and even the redeem links on humble will be even faster if you're logged into steam in the same web browser).

Not for this particular game at this price they don't, which should suggest that something isn't right.

Associate
I've still got one of those spare The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Humble keys kicking around if anyone missed out. It dies soon so needs to be used asap...anyone want it?

Soldato

oh wow

Back
Top Bottom