*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Nice one, I've bought it, going to finish FC4 and play that next

Let me know what you think, for me it brought back a lot of the feelings I had about gaming when I was a kid; awe, surprise. It felt immediately familiar, and very novel at the same time.

It was one of the titles that really got me back into gaming, I was growing disinterested at the time, and will probably forever remain on my top 10.

Soldato
Let me know what you think, for me it brought back a lot of the feelings I had about gaming when I was a kid; awe, surprise. It felt immediately familiar, and very novel at the same time.

It was one of the titles that really got me back into gaming, I was growing disinterested at the time, and will probably forever remain on my top 10.

Thats good to know, how old are you? I'm 37 and played all the FPS classics. Tempted to fire it up now but I'll never finish FC4 if I do that so want to finish that first

Soldato
I've also seen Attila Total war for about 7 pounds. Better to go with that than Britainnia?

I haven't put enough time into either to give you a better answer, but if I was choosing, I'd probably go for the novelty of Britannia's map rather than playing a grand campaign in all of Europe for the umpteenth time. Of course if you haven't played much TW before, that's a moot point. In that case, I'd just pick based on which time period I found most interesting.

Soldato
Thats good to know, how old are you? I'm 37 and played all the FPS classics. Tempted to fire it up now but I'll never finish FC4 if I do that so want to finish that first

We probably have a similar history with gaming then mate; I’m 35. I started with an Atari, and when I first played Wolfenstien 3D it blew my mind. Like you I grew up with the classics (Doom, Hexen, Rise of the Triad etc). I was lucky that my old man was into computers; I got an early start, and was into building PCs pretty young.

I’m not saying Prey is revolutionary, it just really struck a cord with me. Hope it does for you too.

Good call on waiting before playing, I really want to play a couple of titles at the minute, but like you if I don’t finish Shadow Warrior 2 now, I never will. I don’t know about you, I often end up playing the older FPS titles, or indie games, instead of AAA titles.

Last edited:
Soldato
We probably have a similar history with gaming then mate; I’m 35. I started with an Atari, and when I first played Wolfenstien 3D it blew my mind. Like you I grew up with the classics (Doom, Hexen, Rise of the Triad etc). I was lucky that my old man was into computers; I got an early start, and was into building PCs pretty young.

I’m not saying Prey is revolutionary, it just really struck a cord with me. Hope it does for you too.

Good call on waiting before playing, I really want to play a couple of titles at the minute, but like you if I don’t finish Shadow Warrior 2 now, I never will. I don’t know about you, I often end up playing the older FPS titles, or indie games, instead of AAA titles.

BF5 is the first BF game I haven't bought so yeah I'm leaning to not bothering with them anymore, I'm at least a year behind on games and like it that way because by the time I play them they are fixed and I know if they are any good plus they are cheap :)

Looking forward to Prey, really wish they would do a decent Thief remake Looking Glass Studios made some of my all time favourite games the first two Thief games were amazing at the time

Soldato
BF5 is the first BF game I haven't bought so yeah I'm leaning to not bothering with them anymore, I'm at least a year behind on games and like it that way because by the time I play them they are fixed and I know if they are any good plus they are cheap :)

Looking forward to Prey, really wish they would do a decent Thief remake Looking Glass Studios made some of my all time favourite games the first two Thief games were amazing at the time

Yep, the latest iteration was a real disappointment for me, even though I completed.

The original Thief’s were utterly unique and get incredibly special at the time.

Back
Top Bottom