PC has burn

Associate
Guys do you know name of this part and why this could burn?
PC model HP Z620

2co356v.jpg

Associate
lol weird, that is a workstation build anyways, had a wee quick google for it.

Why ask here? Not better sending it back to HP...can imagine something at that price would come with a good few years warranty.

Soldato
Have a look at the other side, some of the components are duplicated next to the other ram slots (Ferrite's X2, Caps X3,etc) You may be able to read off the part-ID from it's twin, if you're lucky. I'd take a swipe at it being a voltage regulator of one type or another.

Last edited:
According to this site it's a riser for a second CPU and additional memory.

http://www.itcreations.com/view_product.asp?product_id=34731

Part number is 619561-001

Second picture, item 11.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/14262_div/14262_div.html

Agreed Dampdog - I reckon it's voltage regulation also. Was the machine under load when it went pop? Probably just a dodgy component that went out with a bang. It happens from time to time, just rather spectacularly in this case. Probably used the same components as Hyper PSUs. :D

Last edited:
Associate
correct this 2 pictures show same part

@h@lf hello!
I know it's a 2013 post, but oddly enough this exact same thing happened here with my Z620

If you can still see this, would you be so kind to recall what was the burnt part? obviously they had a design flaw on this...

Much appreciated!

Associate
Old post but my boss just brought one of these in for me to look at. He said it wouldn't boot and it would just beep 4 times. I pulled it apart and the GPU was obviously dead so I did some testing and got it to boot up with everything (including new gpu)installed except the HP 619561-001 riser card. I popped the riser card in to try it with just one stick of ram and saw sparks. I pulled it out and it's in the same spot as the above photo. Looks like it's a common issue?

Back
Top Bottom