PC Issue

Associate
Ive got an issue with my PC at the moment.

Everytime i try to play any sort of game/watch a movie etc my PC is simply turning off and rebooting after 2-3 secs. This happens after anywhere between 5-30mins.

PC works fine when idling or just on the internet.

Ive cleaned out for dust and checked for no loose connections, yet it still continues.

This isn't a newbuild.

Specs:
Intel C2D e8400
Asus Maximus formula
Powercolor 4870
Enermax Infiniti 650w
4gb corsair ram

Thanks for any help.

Associate
It could be number of reasons from drivers to hardware failure. Run Orthos on blend for 30mins, run furmark, try different drivers. Are you overclocking at all? if so, to what degree?

Associate
im having the same problem,windows and internet are ok but when i go into games it crashes back to dest top or freezes or resets itself..
could be driver issue related, but i have been thinking it maybe power supply .. will get back to you ..

Soldato
Something overheating or inadequate psu are most likely in terms of hardware. Take the side panel off and aim a 12" desk fan at the motherboard, this tends to rule out overheating if the cpu cooler is attached properly. If the heatsink isn't attached properly then that's your problem right there.

Don't rely on speedfan.

Boot from an ubuntu livecd and see if it crashes when playing films. If it does, it's hardware. If it doesn't crash, then windows is at fault.

Back
Top Bottom