1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

PC on stanby. Is this a good one?

Discussion in 'OcUK Full Systems & Bundles' started by Necessitor, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Necessitor

Associate

2. Jonnybmac

Wise Guy

Why not just buy a new one next day delivery if one goes belly up?

3. Necessitor

Associate

I can wait the 7 days for it to be built. Although maybe my son won't and there will be tears.:eek:
    I live next to Overclockers and can pick it up so no delivery delay.
    Although shamefully didn't realise they were next to me for 3 years...having moved up from London.:mad:
    The one he's got now must be 6/7 years old so don't expect it to last yet another year. I want it to die.
    I asked the question whether this is the best option for the dosh but honestly think this IS the best one....it's sparkly with lots of lights.;)

4. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

If they are next door... Just just collect parts there and then. And show how to replace / build a PC :)

5. Danny75

Soldato

I'd take 8GB RAM and an SSD over 16GB RAM and no SSD, any day.

6. angel102

Gangster

forgive the bluntness, but if your son can't wait a few days for a new pc then maybe that leads to a wider issue, tears or not?

Surely you have better things to spend your money on than a PC that you may or may not use, rather than waiting until you actually need it and getting the latest, or cheaper most likely hardware at the time?

7. Vexr

Hitman

This sounds the wrong way round... that's an £850 PC (with the 16 GB of RAM option). Surely you'd go for that as the main PC and keep the old one as a backup if necessary? Keeping on with a 6-7 year old machine and having this newer better one sat unused waiting for the old system to die sounds pretty odd to me.

8. dulcificum

Associate

This whole thread must be a troll.

9. Stephanie Peterson

Associate

If i had a kid that couldnt last a few days without a pc then i would be taking a serious look in the mirror about what i did wrong over the years they grew up.

10. tyler_jrb

Mobster

Agreed surely you are better off just either having a new one built and your son using that.

Build one together.

Or wait until this one dies and then upgrade.

Buying one just for the sake of it just in case it dies seems like a waste to me. As it may not die for another few years and then this spare build, could have built a new system, more powerful for cheaper or same price as the spare.

11. RedMogg

Wise Guy

Welcome to child-rearing, 2019...

12. Cooler running

Gangster

Is your sons pc the only one in the house? couldn't he just share for a week while you get on build?

You can add another user to an existing PC you know...

13. MasterOC

Wise Guy

cant believe im reading this ... suppose the savings from living in london alone pays for this mind.