PC Reboots in games

Associate
I bought a PC from Overclockers last year (June-July time) to play Warzone and Black Ops only.

If I try and play the game in any graphics configuration above minimum quality, the PC reboots without warning after a few minutes of playing, or even just sat on the menu screen.

The reboot is literally a click -> power cycle.

I am running the latest available BIOS and drivers. I have not overclocked. It appears that this happens when available video memory is low, but I would not have expected this to cause a total reboot of the machine.

The box is:
  • 19-9900K 3.6GHz
  • Vulcan Z T-Force 32GB PC4-24000C16 3000MHz
  • Palit GeForce RTX 2070 Super Game Rock 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express
Does anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? I did raise a support query in December, but no response. Interested in any theories or suggestions.

Associate
OP
Some tests I've done, undereclocking with Afterburner and playing CoD:BO at full settings

Broken:
0 Core
0 Memory

Broken:
0 Core
-250 Memory

Working:
-250 Core
-250 Memory

Seems to be working:
-250 Core
0 Memory

Temperature in Afterburner can read as low as 35c and it will still reboot under 'broken' conditions.

Yes, there's a little dust in there, but it is very clean.

Associate
OP
I reset the clock back to 0 (default) and lowered the power limit to 95% - things appear to be stable after a few hours shooting zombies.

Drivers - I keep them up to date. I don't have another GPU to test with.

I'll keep pushing OC to reply to the messages I've sent - I'm really reluctant to send the box back since I use it every day :/

Associate
OP
That's because these prebuilts are known to commonly come with very cheap low quality Kolink PSUs.

I don't doubt it. I will have to check, but the PSU is nicely buried away and hard to get at... (and I've been using it!)

at any qulaity? remember you saying itd play up at high settings? max it. see what happens. hell... stress it is what id do if i was ballsy - furmark should run on a non faulty gpu even

Plays on max settings for Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War for 3-4 hours just fine...

Really grateful to everybody who has contributed and made suggestions, I can at least use the PC now while I try and resolve the root cause :)

Associate
OP
OC got back to me - pointed out there was a new revision to the BIOS update that included the item "Fix CPU Vcore and power behavior"

I applied about 90 minutes ago, and have bene playing at full settings since with no reboots.

Glad I posted here - learned a couple of things, and some nice tips on mitigating video card issues :)

Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom