PC/RIG Cleaning

Associate
Well, i'm tempted to ask you guys how often do you clean the dust build up in your RIG/System because I noticed that my system housed in an Antec 1200 is building up dust inside faster than I had anticipated inspite the fact that all my intake fans are running on low settings. I believed it has also contributed to the minimal temp rise i'm noticing lately under the same voltage settings.

Should cleaning be done every 6 months?:rolleyes:

Associate
i never clean up my rigs as well....

although im getting a new powerful rig in a few weeks time with the Antec 1200 case... so I'll guess I'll have to clean the filters cause they fill quickly with dust

Associate
i give mine a good spring clean once a year i guess. Can of compressed air and a hoover held nearby but not on the componants works for me!
I had to clean a friends last week and it was the most disgusting mess inside-the entire heatsink was full of sticky dust and rubbish which meant i eventually had to strip it completely!

Soldato
i also use a compressor, just make sure you drain the water out of it first, i do mine when it looks like it needs it or when temps start to rise, i have thought about running my fans in a possitive pressure way but havnt got to do it yet, that should cut down the dust build up a lot

Associate
OP
Mine is still 4 months old but the dust build up is already prominent on the fan blades so I guess, anyone with an Antec 1200 or any case with similar numbers of fans should clean maybe at least every 6 months. Otherwise, it's gonna be difficult to removed the dust in the fan blades once it settled for months.

Associate
Once every few months with an air duster or the compressor...but I try and keep the dust filters clear most of the time.

Dust filters are where it's at though :D

An old toothbrush works wonders on the dust that settles on the fans, btw :)

Associate
There was a bloke on here who mention his friend using a leaf blower! That's what you call thinking outside the box.

I use a hairdryer on cold to blast the dirt out from a safe distance. Best to take it outside to do.

Back
Top Bottom