PC running "Perfect", prime stable, random BSODs??

Soldato
OP
Also I've been running my TCCD ram at 2.75v as when previously reading about them before buying them I heard anything above 2.7v didnt really give any kind of performance boost.

I ripped off one of the heatspreaders and its TCCD 513, not the 440 or 431 everyone is talking about :/

Soldato
Is your ram overclocked? Im guessing it is, maybe the timings need to be a smidge higher - if it runs memtest for 5 hours its not completly unstable, just a little bit so add a little volts or timings will sort it.

Soldato
OP
Vegeta said:
Is your ram overclocked? Im guessing it is, maybe the timings need to be a smidge higher - if it runs memtest for 5 hours its not completly unstable, just a little bit so add a little volts or timings will sort it.
Just been testing how high I can go with this memory :)

Currently at 285mhz @ 3.15v @ 2.5-4-3-6-1T (CPU is running at 3.14Ghz now)

Prime95 fails after a few minutes though, will fiddle with the timings :)

Associate
IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL
- error is often a problem with creative drivers

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
- is often memory related .usually indicates faulty memory.

funy thing though is that a pal had the exact same issues you are reporting with his nf4 mobo .i rebuilt his machine for him 2 times and ran it for a week each time and got no errors . soon as he got the box back seams they started again.

only difference was that after i returned the box to him he installed hp printer drivers suite .Seams that theres some problem with these.

Soldato
OP
Right, got my PC running 100% stable with each individual stick of RAM.

Is it true that memory in nF4 mobo's are supposed to be run at

x-x-x-7 to x-x-x-13 ?

cos until before I had been running my 2 sticks in dual mode @ 2.5-4-3-6 @ 2.75v

I've upped the voltage to 2.9v before I started with these individual sticks and all has been perfect so far, not a single blue screen @ 3Ghz :D

/edit: right, just had both ram in, and it refused to boot into windows unless I had the sticks in the slots in a certain order (wtf?? :confused: )

now its booted into windows, Prime95 fails Blend mode test after a minute or so :(

So we've established my PC will run perfect with 1 stick of ram, but in Dual mode it fails :(

How can this be?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Right, I've just loosened my timings to 2.5 - 4 - 3 - 8

And now Prime95 failed at 5 hours 42 minutes in Blend Mode :D :D

Here is a shot of A64Tweaker & CPU-Z:

timings2ww.gif

cpuz7gr.gif

Which settings do you recommend I change to just push it out of the "unstable" zone? :)

Dutch Guy said:
What BIOS version are you using with your DFI mobo?
CPU-Z says: 6.00 PG (05/10/2005)

Last edited:
Associate
Sounds like a possible ram issue as people have stated before.

After upgrading the memory in my sister's PC windows would die on its arse instantly with a 'no less or equal' bsod as described. I swapped one of the DIMMs out and its been fine since. *touch wood*

Associate
i was having same sort of issues with an a8r-mvp (the driver irq equal or less BSOD randomly appearing all the time) after much playing around it strangely seemed to be something to do with Azureus. After uninstalling this program i havent had a single issue. Random i know...

Soldato
OP
kempythe2nd said:
i was having same sort of issues with an a8r-mvp (the driver irq equal or less BSOD randomly appearing all the time) after much playing around it strangely seemed to be something to do with Azureus. After uninstalling this program i havent had a single issue. Random i know...
Strange... Last time my PC blue screened it was while using Azureus also! (Though that time it was a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA bsod)

But then what was REALLY weird, my mobo's onboard RAID controller (SiImage) failed to recognise 1 of my 2 hard drives from my RAID0 array thus stopping me from booting, tried resetting CMOS settings to backed up ones like i have done many times before, but this had no effect. However after switching the pc off and on again it was fine :confused:

Will look into the BIOS changing. What performance increase did you get when changing it?

Soldato
Heofz said:
Will look into the BIOS changing. What performance increase did you get when changing it?
Before the BIOS change I had all kinds of problems getting any stability out of it, I had boot problems, lockups, BSOD's etc...

After changing the BIOS my memory clocks very well but I can't tell you the difference as I never really tested with the old BIOS due to the mentioned problems.

I do have some odd things with my system in that I can only get good stability with the memory at 1:1, if I use any divider I get boot problems that I also get when running a lower multiplier :confused:

Soldato
OP
Dutch Guy said:
Before the BIOS change I had all kinds of problems getting any stability out of it, I had boot problems, lockups, BSOD's etc...

After changing the BIOS my memory clocks very well but I can't tell you the difference as I never really tested with the old BIOS due to the mentioned problems.

I do have some odd things with my system in that I can only get good stability with the memory at 1:1, if I use any divider I get boot problems that I also get when running a lower multiplier :confused:
so do I :/

Soldato
IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL

My sisters laptop kept bsoding with this message, I finally found out that it was a driver issuse which I fixed by downloading the latest drivers for the network card.

After a quick google again, the people that have had this problem have fixed it by updating various drivers as it seems to differ from 1 pc to another.

Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom