Pc shuts off and turns back again on when Windows 10 was loading,getting devices read

Associate
Hi pc:

12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73

2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1

RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming

Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

Seasonic Px 1300W Platinum Prime

I went from Aorus Z490 and 10850K to 12900K and Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4. Windows 10 is installed on SSD from 10850K build.When new pc booted i enabled in GEAR 1 XMP ( 3600 mhz ). Then i rebooted to UEFI again without issues.

Then i reboot pc again and when windows 10 was loading ,pc shutts off ( heard psu click ) and turns back on again. And second time it booted to Windows 10 normally.

Is my pc fine?

Why pc shuts off ( OFF heard psu click) and turns back again on first time,when windows 10 was loading ? Pc shuts down and boot itself up. Not typical reboot.

It happened before Windows 10 boot <%>Getting devices ready.
But why it shutdown ( i heard a click from psu ) and then reboot itself?comes back automatically

Windows 10 working now normally no issues , but just asking about that. Thank you so much my friends.

Someone on geforce.com said that i must rma psu. I am worried. So what now?

"

Sora

"its the psu buddy, i told you it'd start to behave like this ages ago."

Associate
OP
There 2 entries:"
  • 29 - Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4."

• 41 - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

and 3 entries :"Kernel-Boot: "The last shutdown's success status was true. The last boot's success status was true."

Man of Honour
If a Intel motherboard boots, shuts off and boots again, my understanding is that it is usually a memory thing and if it happens only a few times (when first setting up the PC) then this is fine.

If it keeps happening, you may want to revisit your memory settings and check that they are stable.

I could be wrong, but I thought 3600 Mhz was quite high on gear 1 at stock voltages?

Associate
OP
When Windows 10 was loading first time on new motherboard ,pc shutts off ( heard psu click ) and turns back on again. And second time it booted normally to Getting Devices Ready %.
Just before moment when windows 10 show GETTING DEVICES READY %. It just turned off <psu click>and rebooted itself and windows 10 start configuring. Not happened again since.
Is this ok?

Man of Honour
When Windows 10 was loading first time on new motherboard ,pc shutts off ( heard psu click ) and turns back on again. And second time it booted normally to Getting Devices Ready %.
Just before moment when windows 10 show GETTING DEVICES READY %. It just turned off <psu click>and rebooted itself and windows 10 start configuring. Not happened again since.
Is this ok?

I would say so, if everything is running fine now, I think you're fine.

Associate
OP
I ask because my first motherboard was faulty. Whenever i turn it on all the leds and fans turn on for a half second then turn back off again, repeat forever. I cleared CMOS battery. Unplugged GPU. Removed 1 stick memory the same.
My friend come with hes mobo Z690 and all parts working fine with hes mobo. So i went to shop and they exchanged me Aorus Elite Z690 to other example and second motherboard booted fine.

So thats why i ask. Is that psu/shutdown ( psu click ) and reboot on new motherboard just before windows 10 was loading was somehow related ,that i have second motherboard faulty,or its completetly different thing?thx

Actually pc working fine.

Just my first motherboard ( that before exchange ) dont wanna boot. It stuck with boot loop. ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF. And psu was clicking too.
But new motherboard booted fine and its ok fine?

Man of Honour
I can't remember exactly when Windows restarts, but it does restart several times during installation, so yeah, if everything is good now, I'm pretty sure it was normal.

Soldato
  • 29 - Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4."

• 41 - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

and 3 entries :"Kernel-Boot: "The last shutdown's success status was true. The last boot's success status was true."
Fast startup sounds like the cause of it. It doesn't fully turn off the PC but in some sort of hybrid sleep mode. So it could when when you turned it on for the first time on the new board, it was trying to restore the last session which had the drivers etc for the previous board.

I would turn it off honestly, I found it caused more issues than it's worth and if you have a fast boot drive you won't notice a difference.

Associate
Ahhh the old event 41 kernel issue.

Having the same issue on a pc I recently upgraded drives and OS and PSU on.

Turning off Fast Start and Hibernation seems to have resolved mine, I turn them on the problem comes back.

What concerns me is these are Windows default settings, and on one of the many Event 41 threads someone mentions it sometimes can bork Windows Update as it does not fully shut down.

There are "experts" out in Google land stating it's psu, memory, bios, motherboard and such, reality us the majority offering solutions actually have no idea and are guessing, assuming.

Imagine spending £300 to alleviate this due to some forum guru only to find you didnt need a motherboard. Most seem to be buying PSU's and not resolving their issue, £150 for a new psu or a returned RMA that wasted everyones time.

I still plan to swap a few items out myself and may do a fresh more up to date install with updates off to see if this problem repeats, but im just very time limited. But I do want to know what driver or hardware may be causing this.

Hope you get your issue resolved

Back
Top Bottom