Pc Stuttering

Associate
In the past week ive had to rr my PC due to it stuttering. It firstly starts when im in-game and then all of a sudden it will start to stutter after 30 mins of playing. Then when im running round a corner in game it will just stutter and thus is unplayable. I then quit the game and the problem is still occuring for example if im on ventrilo and someone else is speaking then the audio will stutter. The problem goes away after a rr but its worrying - it has happened twice in the past week

PC Spec

[email protected]
1.5gb (1gb corsair, 512 OCZ)
x1600xt
80GB IDE hdd
570 Trust PSU

Any ideas?

Associate
OP
Started defragging and thought id watch a css video at the same time - then when i was loading the game up my pc just cut out with the screen staying on the game but frozen - turned off by plugs then rr'd and loaded up fine.
What could it be?

Associate
Hi could u elaborate more....

ie is there any errors when the game stutters in <my computer><manage> or is there any popups?

I have had this before on an athlon, it ended up being the psu, but prolly not in ** case.

I would recommend checking files havent been corrupted, happens when direct x messes up. And if u cant get it sorted reinstall windows.

Associate
OP
No popups just usually rr's on its own, seems to do it when im at load so maybe could be cpu overheating, although I have good ventilation might need a new coat of thermal paste.

Ive found my way into the manage section but not sure what im looking at?

Associate
lo again m8

In the manage window there is an option name event viewer, the reason i pointed you to this is that under applications it should give you a stop hang message for the programs you are having the problem with. If u double click it should give you the error that occured plus an ID number which you can cross reference to the microsoft website and find out a little more.

An example is:

Error:

Hanging app iexplorer.exe, version 7.0.6000. etc etc

Date: ******* Source:app hang

Time: ******** catagory:******

Type:******* Event ID: *******

User:*******

Comp:******

So after you've checked this and getting the Event ID head over to microsoft and type in Event ID:***** what ever the id number is and it should give you a little more insight into why the computer program hung.

Hope this helps you.

Associate
OP
Yea I see, ive scrolled a bit down and this error message seems very common:

Faulting application pprekop.exe, version 4.2.0.172, faulting module ole32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2182, fault address 0x10017bed.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

However the last error message I received was yesterday saying:

Fault bucket 337062535.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Associate
OP
Computer froze earlier on, went to check in the event viewer and nothing was there at the time when it crashed. Also a second before it crashed I heard the hard drive click - so I did one of them error checking things on my hdd so Im not sure whether its fixed any sectors but ill see how it goes. Otherwise looks like I might get a new hdd if it continues to click, only time can tell.

Back
Top Bottom