PC switch

Soldato
Ive just finished a new build and it connects to my monitor via dvi and I have my old pc connected via vga. When I want to use either I undo the keyboard cable and 3.5mm stereo cable and plug it into the pc that I want to use. Ive got an old wired mouse that I keep plugged into my old pc and ive got a cordless mouse which I use for my new pc.

I hope that makes sense. Now what I want if possible is to be able to use a switch to enable me to use the keyboard, 3.5mm cable and monitor connection on either pc to save me from having to move each tower and unplug devices. I think a KVM switch is used for keyboard mouse and monitor.

Iam sure a few off you have a similar setup to me, if so what can I use?

Soldato
For audio you can get one of those 3.5mm headphone splitter, can't link you to the site but search google for "mini-headphone splitter" and it should come up on the 3rd result.

Associate
So you're running both PC's off the same monitor, which is what I can gather from your post? :confused: If so, then yeah you can use a KVM switch for a k/b and mouse not so sure about the 3.5mm jack, but I'm sure there is some sort of device similar to a KVM?

Soldato
OP
kmistry said:
So you're running both PC's off the same monitor, which is what I can gather from your post? :confused: If so, then yeah you can use a KVM switch for a k/b and mouse not so sure about the 3.5mm jack, but I'm sure there is some sort of device similar to a KVM?

Yes thats right running both pc's off 1 monitor. Was hoping for a single switch but looks like I might have to get 2, 1 extra for the audio.

Soldato
Belkin have quite a few KVM switches which do audio in the same box. Not sure what models exactly but if you have a look on their website, you should find something there :)

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Brought this in the end

Belkin F1DJ102P-B 2-Port KVM Switch (F1DJ102PB)

seems to work well, just got the keyboard connected and X2 vga's. Do I have to have the keyboard plugged in to power the switch? I would rather not if possaibe, as its cables galore! :(

Back
Top Bottom