PC to LCD

Associate
Hi my new LCd i got last weekend has what looks like a pc monitor connector on it and a 'pc' option on the menu, can I hook my spare computer up2 my tv?

If I can how do i do it? Is it too complicated 4 a Unitard like me? :confused:

Associate
On the proviso that your Computer has a DVI output, and your LCD a DVI input then go for that. HDMI and VGA will also work.

Associate
OP
Blue connector?

Dont think my old tower has a DVI, its output looks like a SVGA or something, Blue & 15 Pins & 2 screws 2 tighten.

At the Mo my monitor goes to my computer with a male plug, but has no disconnecting plug at monitor. Can you buy a Male to Male cable from somewhere so I can see if my pc can be displayed on my new telly?

My Tv's instruction book is writen in the worst translated Chinese/English ever.

Soldato
Is this the connector on the back of your tower?

1t-vga-cattx-rear.jpg

If so, that's VGA, and you should look for a similar connection to that on your TV. Are you sure your tower doesn't have any other connectors? Like DVI?

dvi.jpg

You can get cables and adapters that can change a VGA output into a DVI input, but you won't get the same quality that you would if it was a digital connection from the tower.

Back
Top Bottom