Hi all

Im looking into upgrading my pcu,mobo and memory

Looking at:-
Ryzen 5 2600x
MSI tomahawk b450
Corsair vengance ddr4 2666
Coolmaster Masterbox MB511 RGB

Would these go together and work OK?

Wanting to play current games like fifa,call of duty and forza,not bothered about 4k or that stuff,as long as it play ok and is future ish proof,i dont want to be changing again in a cpl of years

Graphics card is a geforce gtx 1050ti that will be next upgrade

Associate
OP
Many thanks for the replays

I picked 2666 as the website says on the tomahawk specks the following

The four RAM slots support up to 64 GB DDR4-RAM with a clock frequency of up to 2.933 MHz and can be clocked up to 3.466 MHz via overclocking.

I wont be overclocking,but this may be that i am still learning about all this stuff,but how i read it i thought its 2933 max?

Associate
OP
and you expect us to go to your house to have a look and find out? or magically automatically know the make/model over the internet? lol

perhaps having a look and finding out would help us give the best advise for yourself.
i was just saying its no
and you expect us to go to your house to have a look and find out? or magically automatically know the make/model over the internet? lol

perhaps having a look and finding out would help us give the best advise for yourself.

I wasn't expecting you to know what it was its more the power of it,i was unsure it it was powerful enough,hopefully your not a #### in real life and its just on here

Associate
OP
A rubbish PSU is a good way to ruin the nice new components you bought. I had a cheap PSU once and it went pop, taking a GPU down with it. I would say it's never worth taking the risk on your power supply so absolutely check what make and model it is.

Would the power be enough,i was going to swap,but didnt know if 500w was ok or would o need 600w or 650?

even i knew the make(at work now) you still may not know it,ive googled it a bit back and even that didnt find any mention of them :eek::eek:

Associate
OP
I have the coolmaster mb520 so power supply and none needed wires would be hidden anyway

may go 650W Corsair VS650, Fully Wired

or 700W Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite V2, Fully Wired

Back
Top Bottom