PC wont boot

Soldato
I turned my PC off to dust inside, I noticed when turning it off I clicked sleep mode, no big deal I thought.
I took the side cover off and lightly dusted the top of the gpu and bottom of the case.
I then turned it back on a couple hours later, the pc powers up as normal from what I can see but no display. When I turn it off I notice the back light on the keyboard is still on and stays on. I also notice during boot the mouse doesn't have power.

Things I've tried:
Moved gpu to another slot, though power seems to be getting to it fine.
Checked all connections.
Hit bios reset on back of motherboard.
Removed all usb devices to boot.

Any-one got any ideas I'm stuck.

Associate
never spotted youre spec's in your sig. do you have another system that you could try the GPU in? or even try another PSU?
It is weird what you say about the mouse not powering up. only time ive ever saw this was with a dead board. ( or dead mouse but machine was booting )

Soldato
OP
No other system I'm afriad, I can get the monitor to turn on for a split second enough to show the monitor splash screen than it looses signal but only with power off at the wall.
The USB keyboard and USB soundcard light up fine but no mouse.
Tried the ram sticks just now no effect.

Associate
My old sabertooth board would do that randomly to me. it was 2 sticks off corsair ram I had both would work in one slot but if I put both in it would not boot. try again later and it would be fine. Not sure how but when I upgraded my PSU it never done it again...

Back
Top Bottom