Pc won’t open games

Associate
Hello,

I have recently come in to an issue of my pc not opening recently installed games on steam, or their launchers such as EA & 2k games launchers.

To give a bit more detail, when I launch some games on steam, it loads and then nothing appears. With the game launchers I am met with the message “the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150004)”.
I have the Witcher 3 installed and can play that with no issues.

My drivers are up to date and I have repeatedly verified the game files, I have also tried to run as administrator.
Not sure if this is a software or hardware issue now.

Soldato
Hello,

I have recently come in to an issue of my pc not opening recently installed games on steam, or their launchers such as EA & 2k games launchers.

To give a bit more detail, when I launch some games on steam, it loads and then nothing appears. With the game launchers I am met with the message “the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150004)”.
I have the Witcher 3 installed and can play that with no issues.

My drivers are up to date and I have repeatedly verified the game files, I have also tried to run as administrator.
Not sure if this is a software or hardware issue now.
Have you checked event viewer > Windows Logs > System to see if there is any HDD\SSD issues?

Also worth checking the "Application" section to see if it can give any more details to the issues\errors.

Soldato
Quite likely a windows/windows update or software issue
It's doing it to me with the last of us part 1
But other games are fine
But if I boot off my second drive
Which has a different windows version number
And only the basics installed
It's working fine
Verification didn't fix mine
Or some other stuff i tried
Though I do have all the game files saved
To other drives