PC Zone

Soldato
Bought a copy of this yesterday - haven't done so in donkeys years, you can get everything on the net these days.

But i was nice not to have to look for it :p Just flicked throught the glossy pages at leisure. Came across some stuff I hadn't heard of too.

Soldato
I've had a subscription for a few years now, makes for a nice read on the bog. :D

I don't believe much I read on the web, plus every website is so drenched in advertising and pap that it makes it very hard to read. So I prefer a magazine that summarises everything coming out quite nicely.

Associate
Yeah I think the mags still have a lot to offer..and they still come up with exclusives at times, and it's a lot easier than wading through lots of web pages.

AND what is more satisfying, that sitting on the privy having a good read..ahhh :D

Associate
Ah the brotherhood of bogreaders flourishes :D

i prefer a good read on the dumpster, my reading list goes;

custom pc - pc gamer - pc zone

prefer gamer over zone cos its glossy pics are a bit nicer and it does'nt have as much swearing as zone (have kids and think mags without an age requirement should'nt swear).

its not so much piles i suffer, although i have been afflicted.... its pins and needles. god, my leg goes numb after 15min bog study :eek:

Soldato
i used to buy 'the edge' and still have the first 3yrs intact in the loft, must get round to lobbing them out
tbh £5-6 for a mag is a scandalous and totally not worth the money, even if you do get glossy pics and a few coasters
id rather use the tinternet ,watch a game develop and try out the beta's to form my own opinion of a game as mags generally cant be trusted

Associate
Pins and needles - Ha - I've had sessions so long I've unable to walk for several minutes...DVT a real prospect, let alone piles :eek: .

As for mags, what about 'GamesTM' it's like a less up-it's-arse EGDE...and keeps me in touch with whats going on on the other formats.

Edit...anyone got the 'EDGE files' mag? a great collection of the best bits, starting from issue one. Eight pounds a pop, but tons of content..and makes me feel better about getting rig of my old copies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom