• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PCI-E risers, are they still causing problems?

Soldato
As title, are these risers causing issues like black screens and crashing like they did a while back? I recall that it had summat to do with the pci-e gen 3-4 option in the motherboard bios. Have people solved this problem or is it still on going?

Soldato
OP
Ok, just installed a Lian Li riser for me lancool II, and........had to spend about an hour trying to get the bugger to boot, absolute no go! Tried setting pcie gen 4 in the bios, reseated umpteen times, reinstalled the gpu a good few times as well, works for a bit but then won't boot from hibernation.
Taken the riser out, and all is groovy again. I reckon its a mobo/bios prob meself but I cba to start digging around to confirm either way.

Soldato
OP
Mine is a Z690 system, it is a strange issue. Take it you have the latest bios etc.

I'm just trying it out in another pc, 10100f/Zotac 1660super/16gb 2666mnhz ram and so far its going like the clappers but I need to see how it boots up from hibernation. If it copes just fine, then its gotta be the MSI 570 tomahawk mobo it was in previously

Caporegime
Ok, just installed a Lian Li riser for me lancool II, and........had to spend about an hour trying to get the bugger to boot, absolute no go! Tried setting pcie gen 4 in the bios, reseated umpteen times, reinstalled the gpu a good few times as well, works for a bit but then won't boot from hibernation.
Taken the riser out, and all is groovy again. I reckon its a mobo/bios prob meself but I cba to start digging around to confirm either way.
Definitely a PCI-E 4.0 riser? Tried setting Gen 3 in the BIOS?

Back
Top Bottom