PCI-e x1 Riser Cable?

Soldato
Anyone know of anywhere that sells a nice black PCI-e x1 riser cable? I want to fit my Creative Labs Zx sound card to my new built, but it's not going to fit because of the gap between the GPU and fans, and I don't want to lose a rear exhaust fan by moving the motherboard tray to the upper location. I was just going to run the riser to the rear chamber of the O11 Vision and mount it to the unused HDD cages and have the cables run out the back. It's a nice looking device; shame I can't get a vertical x1 mount whilst the GPU is installed traditionally.

Before anyone asks why on earth do I want a sound card in 2024, it's because I like the option of the speaker/headphones selector without having to reconnect the headphones each time they're in use. It also offers nicer sound to my ears

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone know of anywhere that sells a nice black PCI-e x1 riser cable? I want to fit my Creative Labs Zx sound card to my new built, but it's not going to fit because of the gap between the GPU and fans, and I don't want to lose a rear exhaust fan by moving the motherboard tray to the upper location. I was just going to run the riser to the rear chamber of the O11 Vision and mount it to the unused HDD cages and have the cables run out the back. It's a nice looking device; shame I can't get a vertical x1 mount whilst the GPU is installed traditionally.

Before anyone asks why on earth do I want a sound card in 2024, it's because I like the option of the speaker/headphones selector without having to reconnect the headphones each time they're in use. It also offers nicer sound to my ears
Unfortunately competitor links and naming isnt allowed here, however, google is your friend and they are available, vertical GPU mounting forced me to move to an external DAC, I brought the sound blaster X3 which I love and strangely enough is better than the newer X4, (32bit vs 24bit)

Soldato

I used one of these in my setup.

*** competitor link removed ***

Can see it in use here on my setup with the sound card, needed it as I have 2 x 3090s in NVLINK/SLI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
Thanks all. It's dawning on me that I might need to just let this sound device go, as to fit it I'd need to move my motherboard up to the high position meaning I'd only have one exhaust 120 and 6 intake. I might do some cinebench runs and monitor temp differences. I'm going to be replacing the bottom intake fans with 140s once the TL fans arrive in stock so I could probably get away with tweaking fan curves to get the same thermal results.

Soldato
OP
Got it sorted without the additional cable. Had a brain fart and remembered that PCI-e x1 peripherals can connect to full size x16 slots, so I've adjusted my case layout to high mode and ditched a rear 120 exhaust fan. All sorted.

I've ran several cinebench tests and temps aren't much different and I've just upped the rear fan speed to accommodate a little.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom