PCI or PCI-E bluetooth adapters, do they really exist?

Associate
PCI or PCI-X bluetooth adapters, do they really exist?

As the tittle says really, the adapter that i'm after needs to be bluetooth only!, not a combo wireless lan + bluetooth card, i know links to competitors can't be posted here on OCUK but if someone could confirm that they really exist would be great, i can't find these things anywhere.

Thanks!

Last edited:
MikeHunt79 said:
Why not just get a USB one? Is it for an ancient PC?
I already have a usb bluetooth dongle, and the pc is in my sig and is pretty new.

The reason i want a PCI or PCI-X bluetooth card is so it is ready for use without having to plug it in and out all the time as i have a lot of usb devices that are permanently plugged in so a PCI/PCI-X bluetooth card would be ideal.

how about a bluetooth chip directly on the mboard?
i guess you could have an extention port if needed as well.
any reason they dont do that? iam sure the tech is there to do that?
if you can pick up them bluetooth usb jobs for a 5er, iam sure the chips wouldnt cost that much extra if built directly on the board?

Theguy said:
if you can pick up them bluetooth usb jobs for a 5er, iam sure the chips wouldnt cost that much extra if built directly on the board?

Yeh... what he said (hi Dan)

Theguy said:
I often wonder why mobo manufacturers haven't integrated bluetooth directly into the mobo, i think this would be a very good move by the mobo manufacturers, lets face how many people out there have bluetooth devices such as keyboards, mice, headsets, mobile phones and many more, so bluetooth integrated directly into the mobo would be the perfect solution.

Back
Top Bottom