PCIe 3 x1 to NVME?

Soldato
Is there such a thing?
Internet seem to host cheapo things, but unsure if they work?
Nvme to sata doesn't seem a thing?
E: Looks like different protocols used, sata vs pci.
I guess the potential speed will be KB/s :p

Motherboard can't support Bifurcation, it has 2x m.2 spaces, but one disables the second Pcie x16 slot, but i have 3x useable sata ports unused i reckon. I also have the two Pcie 3.0 x1 slots available. So can i make use if the NVME?

Board is B550 Mortar Wifi. With 3x sata drives and 3x NVMEs to go in. Not end of the world if not as it can hold the two fine.

Reasoning:
Consolidating two PCs into one as it's just not working out, have thought about NAS or using one a server etc, but doesn't seem ideal for the use case. So am going to try having one PC and physically moving it back and forth, might work, might not.

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
We've had previous threads on this and there are NVMe to PCIe3 x 1 adapters that work. Looking in the usual place ELUTENG and GLOTRENDS look like the ones to start with.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
We've had previous threads on this and there are NVMe to PCIe3 x 1 adapters that work. Looking in the usual place ELUTENG and GLOTRENDS look like the ones to start with.

Yeah i saw them earlier. Hopefully some others chime in with their experiences, but will have a thread search. With a capacitor on there i wonder on the quality, as if it went will it take the drive with it.

Back
Top Bottom