Pensionbee

Caporegime
Anyone use it? Pros? Cons? Will I be minted at retirement or living in a cardboard box?

I did a bit of digging and can't find anything untoward about them and they seem to have their ducks in a row but I've since learned that someone I know lost their entire pension to some Bitcoin thing (idiot, I know, but still gave me a bit of a wake up call), and now dealing with Aviva they sent me some info and one part of this email was DO NOT FALL FOR SCAMS EVERYONE IS A SCAMMER YOU'RE GONNA GET SCAMMED AND YOUR KIDS WILL BE HOMELESS BE CAREFUL LOL so I'm wanting to make sure I haven't screwed up.

Go on GD, comfort me :D

Associate
For what it's worth I'm currently using PensionBee, and have migrated several old pensions into the one pot without issue.

So no complaints or issues from me at all.

Caporegime
My wife used to work in the NHS for about 8yrs and now over here she lost details of all her NHS pensions. Would this be a good option for her, or simply going direct to the NHS?

Not sure she would be able to, there are specific rules for public sector pensions and transfering out. Plus it'll be a defined benefit scheme so I doubt it would be worth it.

Soldato
I have been with them for about 4 months, wanted to move several small pensions into one, and have somewhere I can easily put extra money into when I wanted

Associate
Anyone use it? Pros? Cons? Will I be minted at retirement or living in a cardboard box?

I did a bit of digging and can't find anything untoward about them and they seem to have their ducks in a row but I've since learned that someone I know lost their entire pension to some Bitcoin thing (idiot, I know, but still gave me a bit of a wake up call), and now dealing with Aviva they sent me some info and one part of this email was DO NOT FALL FOR SCAMS EVERYONE IS A SCAMMER YOU'RE GONNA GET SCAMMED AND YOUR KIDS WILL BE HOMELESS BE CAREFUL LOL so I'm wanting to make sure I haven't screwed up.

Go on GD, comfort me :D

If he'd moved it into bitcoin he'd be absolutely laughing right now!

Soldato
Moved two smaller pensions into PensionBee for ease and it was easy. Not that it matters atm but currently up 21% which is a lot more than they were making in the old provider.
I did similar, moved 4 smaller pensions (and a big one) into HL and now up over 20% thanks to the crash earlier in the year.They weren't doing much where they were, you have to be a bit proactive IMO.
PensionBee seem to be a legit company, just check the charges as usual.

Caporegime
Honey in Nest
Go take out Honey
Does your dad kill bees for a living?
if no Critical bee sting through your letterbox
Angry bee has died, it is not a shop

company is bankrupt
Game over

Company name sounds like it will go bankrupt when it comes time to payout

Man of Honour
My wife used to work in the NHS for about 8yrs and now over here she lost details of all her NHS pensions. Would this be a good option for her, or simply going direct to the NHS?

It should sit there forever so when she retires it becomes available at the very least.
Most Trusts will have a person who deals with Pensions so worth ringing Switchboard of the Trust she worked at.

Back
Top Bottom