Per CCX ratio relative to other CCX ratios

Soldato
If I set CCX1 to 44x and then set my other 3 CCX to 40x (I know all 4 can run at 40x no problem) in order to see if CCX1 will do 44 at my desired voltage, if it succeeds can I then keep CCX1 at 44x knowing it works while trying to see what CCX2 can do and then obviously repeat the process for 3 & 4

Or do the ryzen chips not work with this logic and instead by increasing CCX2 it messes up the capability of CCX1 so that CCX1 can no longer do 44x unless CCX2 is at 40 ? In which case why allow CCX and not just limit to CCD ?

Just want to know before I go wasting my time trying to fine tune my 3950x

Soldato
OP
Have you looked at ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR)? It automates what you're planning to do.

Yeah I'm using it as a baseline but I'm looking at tweaking some more as it's not entirely accurate for what is stable. Just need to know if changing one CCX ratio is going to have an effect on what another CCX can do, I assume if it is the case then it would be limited per CCD ?

Soldato
Ya that’s how it works. You can do that in Ryzen master. Then stress test your settings. Don’t go too ambitious on increments. Best stick with 25mhz or 50mhz increments at a time. Otherwise it is a lot of crash and reboot.

Back
Top Bottom