• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Performance or cooler GPU's ??

Soldato
So I moved my 2nd 270x 4gb card over into the 3rd xfire slot last night as the heat off the card was warming my full bedroom up and the gf couldn't sleep haha , the highest it got was 88 but it ran at around 80-85 with 75% fan speed under load when gaming ... Tried it out last night in crysis 3 , neither card went above 60 degrees ! Maxed crysis with fxaa and still out averaged around 60 fps and never dropped below 40 which I'm happy with, but moving it into a 8x PCI slot I've obviously lost 5-10 fps .. Which would you guys prefer to do ?? Run the cards at hotter temperatures for max performance ? Or have them a lot cooler but taking a slight hit in performance ?

Soldato
It won't make a difference to your room temps.

Are you sure you've lost that much? I don't think a 270x would even saturate PCI-e 8x.

Though if you lose 1fps or so I'd say it's worth it.

Soldato
OP
It seemed to make a difference , my bedroom is only small though and we shut the door at night to keep the cats out :) ...

Well crysis didn't seem that much different but I did the in game benchmark on thief , the minimum and average was about the same but I lost 5 fps off the maximum .. Not too bad I suppose well worth it with the difference in temps !

Back
Top Bottom