Personal Email Solution

Soldato
Hi guys, I've put this here as it started off as an Enterprise test bed.

I've been using Exchange Online (Plan 1), £3.60 a month, with my own domain for several years now. This was back when I was an Office 365 enthusiast. I've also been paying £1.99/mo for 100GB OneDrive in my personal account.

I'm now far away from IT but still have Plan 1 email, which I use with Outlook on my personal/professional machines. This is perfect for me as I rarely use Webmail. I also prefer my own domain name email address.

Question - with the latest plan updates I can now get Office 365 Essentials for £3.80/mo excl VAT and this comes with 1TB of OneDrive versus my 100GB.

Is there any risks associated with the enterprise edition of OneDrive? Overall this will save me pennies but I could do with the additional space and the consumer upgrade is about 3x the price of this solution.

Thanks.

Associate
I’ve not used the personal version of OneDrive but we use the enterprise version and are very happy with it. It’s a different iOS/Android app I believe (OneDrive Business) but other than that I think they’re pretty much the same.

Soldato
with the latest plan updates I can now get Office 365 Essentials for £3.80/mo excl VAT and this comes with 1TB of OneDrive versus my 100GB.

Thanks for posting that. I've been using EOL Plan 1 for several years and recently wanted to bin off my Dropbox account so I stumpted up £3.80/month (ex VAT) for OneDrive for Business which gave me 1Tb. I had no idea that Office 365 Business Essentials incluced EOL Plan 1 & OneDrive for Business so I've changed my subscription accordingly. It's not a huge saving but there's no point paying more than I need to.

The OneDrive and OneDrive for Business client are the same thing now, they have been for a few years. When there was a seperate OneDrive for Business client it was a nightmare, the sync was very unreliable.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for posting that. I've been using EOL Plan 1 for several years and recently wanted to bin off my Dropbox account so I stumpted up £3.80/month (ex VAT) for OneDrive for Business which gave me 1Tb. I had no idea that Office 365 Business Essentials incluced EOL Plan 1 & OneDrive for Business so I've changed my subscription accordingly. It's not a huge saving but there's no point paying more than I need to.

The OneDrive and OneDrive for Business client are the same thing now, they have been for a few years. When there was a seperate OneDrive for Business client it was a nightmare, the sync was very unreliable.

Is it as simple as swapping over the licenses? I remember switching between some E and P plans was a case of migrating!

Soldato
Is it as simple as swapping over the licenses? I remember switching between some E and P plans was a case of migrating!

If you want to upgrade all your EOL P1's to Business Essentials then you can go to Billing -> Products & Services, Click on 'Exchange Online (Plan 1)' and there's an upgrade option there.

I only wanted to upgrade 1/4 of my EOL P1 licenses so I had to do it by purchasing Business Essentials, assigning that license to my user and then unassigning then OneDrive & EOL licenses before going back into Products & Services and decreasing the EOL licenses by 1 and cancelling the OneDrive subscription.

Back
Top Bottom