Personal Log to losing weight

Man of Honour
So for the last week you have constantly eaten 1700kcals a day yet gained weight?

Now considering the TDEE that is the calories needed just for basic bodily functioning for someone of your weight not taking into a account any exercise is a touch over 2000kcals something somewhere doesn't add up.

Try not to get bent out of shape by my replies as most people would, I'm not trying to be a ****.

Soldato
OP
So for the last week you have constantly eaten 1700kcals a day yet gained weight?

Now considering the TDEE that is the calories needed just for basic bodily functioning for someone of your weight not taking into a account any exercise is a touch over 2000kcals something somewhere doesn't add up.

Try not to get bent out of shape by my replies as most people would, I'm not trying to be a ****.

I know, it doesn't make any sense at all. Something is wrong here for sure. But I am scanning all bar codes and weighing out everything I eat that is fresh. There is something not right.
The only thing I haven't logged in my water and high juice drinks. Surely they cannot make that much difference?

Man of Honour
as in squash?
squash is basically sugar unless its a diet version, so depeneds how much you are drinking and how strong it is.
also what was youre tdee and if you where only expecting to lose like 2 lbs, then your body can fluctuate quite a lot.

Man of Honour
Depending on how strong you drink your squash after a quick look at the nutritional info for a random one from Tesco that could easily be 500kcals.
As they quote around 55kcals for a standard serving whatever that is, probably 250mls so if you like it paint stripper strong like my mate and you're drinking it by the pint it'll quickly add up.

Commissario
I've got a bottle of Robinsons in front of me and it says 0.6g sugar per 250ml, it can vary depending on the squash but that can add up depending on how many and how big the glasses are!

Man of Honour
Yes, squash.... maybe i should log this then, id be shocked if it would be that much, 5-6 glasses per day, max.

then a quick search for high drink, is 51calories per 250ml diluted as suggested,
so that's 300calories, and probably more as 250ml is quite a small drink.

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's the little things like that that most people don't even think of that make all the difference.

Like when people will sit and smash a whole massive bowl of fruit thinking they're being healthy and wonder why they're not loosing weight.

Underboss
I switched from squash to water recently after seeing how much sugar it contained.

I now have either cucumber water or strawberry water.

I've lost 2lbs both weeks since NY so that's about where I want to be.

Not trying to take over your thread though - keep it up, the results will come.

Soldato
OP
It's the little things like that that most people don't even think of that make all the difference.

Like when people will sit and smash a whole massive bowl of fruit thinking they're being healthy and wonder why they're not loosing weight.

Yup, I made a smoothie using fresh fruit, logged it all with weights and I was surprised how bad it actually was.

I switched from squash to water recently after seeing how much sugar it contained.

I now have either cucumber water or strawberry water.

I've lost 2lbs both weeks since NY so that's about where I want to be.

Not trying to take over your thread though - keep it up, the results will come.

Don't worry, all feedback and help is welcome.

Caporegime

Get the diet versions.

Soldato
That squash is nuts full of sugar - In perspective Tango Fizzy Orange is only 47.5 kcals and 10.5 grams of sugar per 250ml!!

I just drink water, but the squash the kids have is the Tesco no added sugar stuff @ 5 kcal/.6g sugar per 250ml and it tastes just fine if you really dislike plain water :) (in b4 oooo aspartame is bad for you blah blah blah :p)

Good luck with your weight loss. I'm trying to be healthy after knocking the booze on the head lol

Soldato
Can you try sexing it up a bit, slice of lemon, some blueberries, etc Might help.
It's good that you've discovered what an issue these drinks can be, I'm sure a lot of people get disheartened, and don't realise what they are doing wrong.

Man of Honour
I'm giving plain bottled water a go, but i hate it...

It's just because you're not used to it - trust me, I had the same experience.

I would drink gallons of coke back in the day. Now I just have a few bottles of water a day and I feel so much better for it. Keep some in the fridge and some at room temp and you can quickly grab one that suits your fancy.

Back
Top Bottom