Personal projects

Associate
I'm sure there's quite a few programmers here judging from the replies on other threads.

I've been a .NET and front end dev for many years now, but have never been able to follow through on any personal projects and get them to release.

What personal projects do people have? I'm struggling for new ideas but want to make something useful around gaming, streams, twitch etc...

Associate
I muck around with 2D desktop games a bit.

Best advice I could give would be to keep the first 'release' very simple to increase the motivation and likelihood of finishing it.

I never seem to finish anything if it's not fairly well planned out, too.

In the case of a game, don't even make a single level straight away, just make a tech demo with a moving character and maybe a single room for example. Add simple intro/menu/paused screens and work out a simple state machine for transitioning from one to another.

Associate
My git is full of unfinished projects. I should follow through on them really.

3pBrQ.png

Currently enjoying doing canvas work in JavaScript, brushing up on my math skills. In the middle of a tower defence game, which uses an A* search algorithm.

Associate
A launcher and server related stuff for an Arma life community. Php, c# and mysql mainly. Good practice at those and useful.

Also c++ stuff in UE, although the Arma stuff is keeping me busy at the moment with the mod release date not far off. Unfortunately Arma uses its own sqf scripting language which is not useful outside of Arma. So I'm always in two minds about bothering with that aspect :p.

Mid_gen, I did try to pm you, seems I can't :(.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom