What are you currently working on?

Associate
Basically this thread is just to share what you're working on and/or any projects that you're proud of. :)

GitHub links welcome.

I'll start off. I'm in the very early stages of creating a signature generator for Steam. (Yes there are many out there, but mine will be unique in the fact that it's completely customizable, whereas others rely on some sort of theme)

Front-end is in Angular and Fabric.js, back-end is Node.js/Express/Fabric.js.

At first I'll probably be using a live render, depending on how fast I can make the images render. If it's too slow I'll probably go for some sort of job queue, caching/storing the rendered images.

Muh GitHub.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm taking a fighting fantasy book and turning it into a game with Python.

Also catching up with HTML, CSS + Javascript. Then PHP & SQL.

Also learning C#.

Got lots of ideas but the main one is mobile based so I need to also look at mobile dev.... not enough hours in the day!

AGD

AGD

Soldato
I'm taking a fighting fantasy book and turning it into a game with Python.

Also catching up with HTML, CSS + Javascript. Then PHP & SQL.

Also learning C#.

Got lots of ideas but the main one is mobile based so I need to also look at mobile dev.... not enough hours in the day!

Have a look at twine - it's for interactive fiction. Doesn't support mobile but may give you some good ideas on implementation.

(I'm also working on an interactive fiction kind of thing).

Soldato
I'm working on a music website written in Python using the Django framework for the backend and Backbone.js for the front end with the Bootstrap CSS framework for the design side of things (I'm a programmer not an artist so I tend to rely on CSS frameworks to make my sites look reasonable).

It is in the very early stages at the moment but I'm quite excited. It might even make me a little money on the side as well (not that I am expecting much, I'd be happy with £100 a month off it just to pay my bills).

Soldato
Liking that christmas tree rendering.

3 points for me, the moonlight coming in makes it feel cold, fireplace needs a big brick chimney breast all the way up and you need a window sill.

What software are you using?

edit: oh, and maybe few lights up by the star, its a little dark :D

Soldato
An app/web backend for a national engineer company so they can send out jobs to remote workers and workers can submit reports upon completion. There's a bit of tracking involved so their customers get an ETA countdown of when the engineer will arrive. Very simple job but pays really well :D.

Along with finishing my own app.

Soldato
I'm writing a unit test "framework" in C, for C. Writing a test, then updating a header file, then updating a main routine somewhere, then updating the makefile is far too much bother to make TDD appealing. This way I get to write TEST(foo){/*arbitrary code*/} once, in one file, and all the wiring is done automatically.

It'll end up on github, from which I expect to be told that macros are evil and that I should be using C++ instead :)

Soldato
My rather messy Github:
https://github.com/leezer3

Various OpenBVE building going on, but the most recent and significant was this little beauty:
dinmore1.jpg

dinmore2.jpg

If you're at all interested, the BVEC_ATS plugin is in C# in my Github repository & runs the guts of the loco, so basically everything animates correctly. The sound isn't the best, but I haven't got as far as trying to write a whole sound system based on wheel rotations yet...
(The plugin won't quite compile in the current checkout state mind, I'm halfway through implementing the features of another variant plugin)

My main site containing 13 years worth of OpenBVE work:
http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk/

-Leezer-

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks man.

It was done in Blender 2.72. It's purely a 3D render and fully rigged to be animated. It took around 20 hours to model and texture and then 7 hours to render that single frame. When I get an nVidia card next month I'll be able to take advantage of CUDA which will reduce my render times by around 90% vs my CPU.

Soldato
I love the Christmas Tree render!

I've been working on a seasonal social media image for a family members small business. I'm trying to improve their online presence and get a few followers on the go to see if it helps with their organic search rankings.

Any suggestions for improvements are welcome.

e8EqCB7.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Any suggestions for improvements are welcome.

My suggestion would be to fix your image link as the permissions for the file on dropbox mean we can't see it :)

I'm away to start work on a plugin for VoiceAttack so that it uses text to speech to make recommendations as to the command it thinks you might have meant.

Soldato
My suggestion would be to fix your image link as the permissions for the file on dropbox mean we can't see it :)

I'm away to start work on a plugin for VoiceAttack so that it uses text to speech to make recommendations as to the command it thinks you might have meant.

Doh! :o

Can't seem to figure out how to embed it using a dropbox link even though permissions seem okay :confused:.

Updated to an imgur link :)

Soldato
if you want to embed an image from dropbox, just make sure it's inside the Public folder (or subfolder). you can right click a file in explorer (assuming windows) and use Copy public link. you can also do this from inside the web interface.

Back
Top Bottom