PETG recommendations

Associate
I'm looking to convert my soft tubing in my TJ07 to PETG as the soft tubing looks messy in my project build. I've used a range of fittings from Bitspower, Monsoon and EK but not sure which one to go for. I know it's best to match the fittings and tubing which is why I'm asking for some input on which is best.

I'll be looking at doing bends so not that bothered about angled fittings. I've currently got the chunky 16mm soft tubing from Primochill (Think it's the Advanced LRT or something). As this will be my first hardline build I'll obviously be looking to double the amount of tubing I need :p

I'll retain the soft tubing for the bottom rads in the basement of the TJ07 and removing the Koolance Bay res and sticking with the AquaCooling tube res and having PETG for the rest that is on display. As I'm (still) using a big TJ07 and expecting to do lots and lots of bends I guess I will need the longer tubes, I believe EK only does 500mm lengths?

Soldato
1310 tubing is much easier to work with. The slight extra thickness is much more forgiving when it comes to bends.

That aside, I've used Bitspower 1210 1000mm long tubes with my EK 1210 fittings with no issues at all.

Soldato
I don't like how much bigger monsoon hard line fittings are than the tubing, but functionality they're good. I just prefer narrower fittings, which is why I chose EK 1210 fittings.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
My preference is Bitspower 16mm PETG & Fittings, as that's what I have been using in my latest build and they are pretty easy to work with.

Associate
OP
Yeah I suppose you're right about the fittings, the narrower designs look cleaner and have better aesthetics as they show the tubing off better. My concern is whether the EK tubing that is only 500mm is too small for my TJ07 and therefore I'd need to choose a brand with longer tubing

Soldato
Yeah I suppose you're right about the fittings, the narrower designs look cleaner and have better aesthetics as they show the tubing off better. My concern is whether the EK tubing that is only 500mm is too small for my TJ07 and therefore I'd need to choose a brand with longer tubing
The Bitspower PETG works with EK 1210 fittings. I did this exact thing about a month ago.

Associate
OP
The Bitspower PETG works with EK 1210 fittings. I did this exact thing about a month ago.
Awesome, I was just looking at the Bitspower None Chamfer 12/10mm PETG Tubing and it says it is none chamfered, I'm guessing that means you don't have to chamfer with the bitspower EML fittings but when using the EK fittings I'll still need to chamfer the tubing

Soldato
Awesome, I was just looking at the Bitspower None Chamfer 12/10mm PETG Tubing and it says it is none chamfered, I'm guessing that means you don't have to chamfer with the bitspower EML fittings but when using the EK fittings I'll still need to chamfer the tubing
Yeah I expect so.

Back
Top Bottom