petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Soldato
oh man, due to drive up to Scotland tomorrow and only have half a tank atm. What's the chances that motorway stations will have petrol tomorrow?

Associate
Maybe they could try an emergency fuel duty increase, I suspect £2 a litre would make people think about how important their trips actually are.

Key worker letters still exist, maybe let them buy fuel at the “normal” price.

Soldato
Maybe they could try an emergency fuel duty increase, I suspect £2 a litre would make people think about how important their trips actually are.

Key worker letters still exist, maybe let them buy fuel at the “normal” price.

I'd just relax profiteering rules.

Problem is the supermarkets won't do it as the reputational damage isnt worth it.

The hilarious thing is that resupplies probably can't happen with all these queues.

Caporegime
Drove my partner to work this morning, we passed 5 fuel stations all out of petrol & diesel although I noticed at the Shell garage the V-Power Perron & diesel pumps were still available.

pefTI8j.jpg
I Still have a little bit of the red zone to go, may have to start panicking…. :o :D

Man of Honour
Plenty of stations around here have run out of petrol, have immediately been refilled and the lines of cars start again. Diesel seems to have gone in most places as far as I can tell though. I’ve got about 10 days worth of petrol, I’ll just drive by the petrol station each day. It’ll all be back to normal in a few days.

Soldato
Had to go to my local this morning before work, 5:30am, little busier than normal, 4 people instead of just me at that time, only thing out of order was the premium diesel. Had lots of the other stuff apparently, not sure if they had a resupply during the early hours or yesterday evening though.

Soldato
I just went to town but checked out some of the petrol stations. All the ones in town a dry and the one just out of town has a mile long queue of TP horders, causing grid lock all up the dual carriageway and roundabout.

Though there is some comic relief, there is a tesla driver stuck right in the middle of it looking very grumpy :D

TBH they should allow the police to check the fuel gauges of people queued up, if they have more than half a tank they could tell them to get lost.

Last edited:
Associate
TBH they should allow the police to check the fuel gauges of people queued up, if they have more than half a tank they could tell them to get lost.

My wife (Police sergeant) went a step further and just closed a forecourt and made it clear that anyone who crossed the threshold would get arrested.

Not sure on the legalities of that but I’m not going to be the one that questions it!!!!

Soldato
Anyone else think might not resolve itself as quick as people making out ?

I mean previous when fuel shortages it's been blockades and drivers there ready to go this time I'm not sure whether will get back to normal as quick ?

I've about 150 miles left in car but two 35 mile (return trips) journeys next few days

Round here (East Essex) from reading local Facebook posts most places are out

Caporegime
This is the mindset what is causing all of this nonsense. You don't need fuel for another 5 days, but there are people who DO need fuel now. This causes the surge in demand we're seeing.

Lucky to rock straight up and get fuel though! I'm below a quarter of a tank, and with a 6.2 V8 which is my daily car, I thought I'd get in early and fill up at 0630 this morning. Yeh, apparently I was late to the party because they were already queuing out of Tesco onto the roundabout at that time. I'll have enough to get home tonight and to work tomorrow morning, but not enough to get home again so I'll just have to hope this crap is over by tomorrow. Hopefully everyone is nice and happy with their cars full sitting on their driveway not going anywhere
It was cheaper there than locally, there were no queues and still plenty of petrol. It’s not unusual for me to fill up on around half a tank, my last three fill ups including this one were £31.68, £41.08 & £27.42. I wouldn’t say I’ve changed my usual routine at all, it’s not like I’m adding less than £10 or anything like some were.

Caporegime
This is the mindset what is causing all of this nonsense. You don't need fuel for another 5 days, but there are people who DO need fuel now. This causes the surge in demand we're seeing.

Lucky to rock straight up and get fuel though! I'm below a quarter of a tank, and with a 6.2 V8 which is my daily car, I thought I'd get in early and fill up at 0630 this morning. Yeh, apparently I was late to the party because they were already queuing out of Tesco onto the roundabout at that time. I'll have enough to get home tonight and to work tomorrow morning, but not enough to get home again so I'll just have to hope this crap is over by tomorrow. Hopefully everyone is nice and happy with their cars full sitting on their driveway not going anywhere

Because he doesn't need fuel just now, doesn't mean he wouldn't mid week? So why shouldn't he fill up, so he doesn't need to be in the position your in now?

Soldato
I just went to town but checked out some of the petrol stations. All the ones in town a dry and the one just out of town has a mile long queue of TP horders, causing grid lock all up the dual carriageway and roundabout.

Though there is some comic relief, there is a tesla driver stuck right in the middle of it looking very grumpy :D

Where would you get all these Police officers from :confused:

Caporegime
Said mid next week.

why not? Cos it’s contributing to the problem. In the same way no one EVER can be “stuck in traffic”, they are the traffic.

It's not really his problem, what if it continues and they then can't get to work. But it could've been saved by not driving by the empty garage they passed earlier.

Back
Top Bottom