petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Soldato
Exactly I mean I'm good till about Thurs next week but if I saw whilst out next few days somewhere with petrol I'd fill up - don't fancy driving around on fumes worrying about running out and getting breakdown out

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
This is the mindset what is causing all of this nonsense. You don't need fuel for another 5 days, but there are people who DO need fuel now. This causes the surge in demand we're seeing.

Lucky to rock straight up and get fuel though! I'm below a quarter of a tank, and with a 6.2 V8 which is my daily car, I thought I'd get in early and fill up at 0630 this morning. Yeh, apparently I was late to the party because they were already queuing out of Tesco onto the roundabout at that time. I'll have enough to get home tonight and to work tomorrow morning, but not enough to get home again so I'll just have to hope this crap is over by tomorrow. Hopefully everyone is nice and happy with their cars full sitting on their driveway not going anywhere

Have to admit that it's hard to be sympathetic to someone who drives a v8 as a daily right now.

Caporegime
If it continues by continuing the behaviours? Mind blown.

The behaviour of refueling your car to make sure you can get to work. Unbelievable, some people are so selfish!

I did mean what if we now head towards a shortage, so fueling your car in the post is hardly inconsiderate - considering they will be using it this coming week.

It's not as if the car is sat unused, it's literally making sure they can continue to work as normal. A pretty sane idea by anyone's standards I'd have thought.

Soldato
Reading some of the posts on here, you do wonder what the average intellect is.

We have the full spectrum:
  • People calling people morons for topping off their tank
  • People topping off their tank early which precludes them from the above because they were going to top-up with petrol anyway :)confused:)
  • People saying if there is no queue they will fill prematurely because of risk of not getting fuel later, also seemingly excluded from the moron label
  • People planning to go and refill their private fleet of cars in "4 to 5 days" because panic buying is OK if you delay it by 4 to 5 days, also seemingly excluded from the moron label
  • People suggesting we plough in all of our precious police resources to check folks fuel gauges to a level they are satisfied with (hurr durr half a tank who cares if you are driving to Scotland)

Some how we also aligned that immigrants should get paid less by the usual forum racist and Scania has said he is leaving trucking entirely if he can (thanks for making the HGV driver shortage worse Scania :rolleyes:)

Anyway, I'd say OCUK at its finest. Funny how everyone on here is totally perfect and its just everyone else that are morons.

Soldato
no issues up here in Wishaw

was out for breakfast with my partner, needed fuel into BP 1 other car in the services filled tha tank and away again no drama. passed another BP at overton, same all open no queues.

morrisons was absolute bedlan yesterday when i popped into hoover the car. quiet today.

Soldato
That’s great, forums as a spectator sport can have appeal, but what’s your view. :p

Your post is the widest reaching in calling people morons for example… #justsayin :cry:
It's a mash of observations which seemingly included part of the GD thread on the same topic.

IMO the nail on the head was in the other thread. Someone said something daft like "imagine explaining to your boss that you aren't willing to change your routine to get the fuel you need to work"...............point being if everyone just kept their normal routine this would have blown over already.

Getting a bit 'SC' now but there is another major headline running at the moment that folk aren't as bothered as the very similar headline all that long ago "for some strange reason" and so talking about petrol is a good distraction.

Soldato
cycled past 4 local stations. One said they had about 30 minutes worth left and the rest where out. Traffic jams around the stations, people shouting at each other out of car windows. Excellent times

Soldato
Did your M&S still have food - the waitrose (cycled there) cereal section this morning was half full, so empty handed, part of the new normal.

maybe Facebook/social media should be held responsible for the car fuel panic;
bbc put petrol on the bonfire - with an outside broacast from garage, employing marshals.

Getting a bit 'SC' now but there is another major headline running at the moment that folk aren't as bothered as the very similar headline all that long
Brexit the source of all evils ?, but, the link with gas prices is a bit tenuous, yes.

Soldato
I'm finding the actual roads quieter than normal, shops are no busier and there is stock for everything.

It's just the idiots at petrol stations. But by queueing up down the roads they are blocking other things too.

Associate
I fill up every Wednesday after work even if I've still got over half a tank left (call me strange), so I managed to fill up just before the media stirred things up. I could probably stretch until 6th October if needs be despite doing close to 250 miles per week.

As normal I'll try and fill up on Wednesday, but I don't think it will be a problem around here. Driving back from work yesterday one forecourt had a car at every pump (unusual for that particular garage), but the other three I pass looked fairly normal and definitely no queues or closures to speak of.

Soldato
Thing is with all these people out panic buying fuel, they are stopping other people from getting where they need to go, which wastes fuel, which compounds the problem...

Noticed this morning that even the little overpriced garage we have in the village is out of petrol and diesel...

Permabanned
well i can tell you all the refinery's in the uk are full .. the only company's having problems is bp Texaco short of drivers ... everyone else unless mobbed on the day will receive delivery's as normal .. the like of morrisons where my wife works has put in a call for extra delivery's.. will be here tom ...
i really do find it funny maybe another run on toilet paper... lol :p

Soldato
All of London is pretty much dry now due to media fanning this story :rolleyes: Its not expected to change for 4 days according to the petrol haulers association!!

Watch the genuine food shortages come next as no supplies getting through on a base level :eek: people should not be allowed to fill all those jerry cans either refill a vehicle or no sale its just making things way worse and causing more panic :rolleyes:

Soldato
I tried today but the ones I went to were taped off by the time I finished work.

I have 25 miles left and I have to get my daughter to a hospital appointment on Sunday which is a 24 mile round trip. I'm setting my alarm for 5am and will try again

I didn't have to get up at 5am in the end, I just went to a motorway bp and paid 140 per litre. I had 11 miles left. That's probably the most i've ever paid but at least I don't have to worry about getting to the appointment tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom