petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Commissario
How long does it take for Esso card transactions to come through by email? I used ours for the first time yesterday evening and no email yet. I assumed it'd be pretty much straight away.

Soldato
Sorry to bump thread.

Myself, Dad and a few others living nearby have noticed petrol from PS 1 used to be 3p a litre cheaper than PS 2. PS 2 is now 2p/l cheaper than PS 1. Both are the same company. Then on the way home from a family funeral, we drove past a PS which used to be about 10p/l than the others we drove past to see the now deceased relative. Now its a similar price to the rest.

Why the changes?

Soldato
Sorry to bump thread.

Myself, Dad and a few others living nearby have noticed petrol from PS 1 used to be 3p a litre cheaper than PS 2. PS 2 is now 2p/l cheaper than PS 1. Both are the same company. Then on the way home from a family funeral, we drove past a PS which used to be about 10p/l than the others we drove past to see the now deceased relative. Now its a similar price to the rest.

Why the changes?
Depends when they buy the stock. If theyve bought 40k litres at xx they arent going to lower the price because the next tanker is cheaper.. But they will defo put the price up in anticipation of an increase.

Soldato
It was £1.35.9p per litre for standard unleaded in Elgin on Friday but apparently has dropped again since then. As oil is still dropping hopefully the downward trend will continue.

As for fuel cards, there is no catch with my Esso card provided by Wex as far as I can tell. I have had it for a few months now and I fill up, present my card along with my reg no and mileage at the kiosk and a few days later they send me a bill showing the discount and how much they are taking from my debit card that is tied to the Esso card. At the moment the discount is doubled so these are the current discounts:-

- Save 12p on every litre of Esso Synergy Supreme Diesel
- Save 10p on every litre of Esso Synergy Supreme+99 Unleaded
- Save 8p on every litre of Esso Synergy Diesel
- Save 6p on every litre of Esso Synergy Unleaded

Well worth having although I believe you need a Blue Light card or Defence Services Discount Card to apply for this scheme.

Is that a flat discount from the price at pump then?

Man of Honour
I see we're creeping quite rapidly up to £1.50/l for UL around here, it was still in the £1.30s maybe 4-5 weeks ago.
Considering Tesco have just announced bumper pre tax profits it seems a bit off that they're also leading the way in bumping local pump prices.

Caporegime
Even Costco prices are on the rise. I paid £1.499 for Premium on Friday. Two weeks before that it was £1.449. Late January and early February it was £1.399.

Back
Top Bottom