petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Caporegime
people don't seem to moderate their speed despite the fuel prices (russian convoy excepted) - not sure if google tracks urban speeds;
hmmh - WFH to avoid car use, vs using the office heating.
Was sat at 65 on the cruise control on Friday night, both ways and was still getting passed by loads of people doing 70+. Some people will just buy no matter what the cost is and the government and the oil producers know it. It could be £2p/L and some wouldn’t adjust their driving style.

Man of Honour
Fortunately my mileage is pretty low. I think it was £1.50 for supermarket E10 when I filled up on Friday. No E5 available frustratingly, seems to be none round here. Hopefully the expensive petrol will stop the queues, but I doubt it.

Man of Honour
Very glad my fuel light came on just before Putin started all this. Filled up at £1.42.7, only done 15 miles since. Feeling pretty ok about that after seeing unleaded at 1:59.9 yesterday and diesel at £1.69.9

Soldato
both ways and was still getting passed by loads of people doing 70+
with lordrobs comments on being tailgated by lorries if he drives economically, slipstreaming them maybe more economic&safe - a protective shield, as opposed to someone who will go into the back of you (if your tyre blows, a deer runs out ???)

Looks like we need to get OPEC to open the taps and make up for the missing russian barrels .... remind saudi arabia that they wouldn't be executing a rigteous action in Yemen if it wasn't for UK armaments - what a tangled web

Caporegime
with lordrobs comments on being tailgated by lorries if he drives economically, slipstreaming them maybe more economic&safe - a protective shield, as opposed to someone who will go into the back of you (if your tyre blows, a deer runs out ???)

Looks like we need to get OPEC to open the taps and make up for the missing russian barrels .... remind saudi arabia that they wouldn't be executing a rigteous action in Yemen if it wasn't for UK armaments - what a tangled web
OPEC are loving the current prices though, they're absolutely swimming in cash, as are the petroleum companies. They have no reason to pump more oil even though they easily can.

Man of Honour
150.9p for bog standard Tesco swill when I filled up this afternoon, 159.9 if you wanted their taste the difference momentum.
Very glad we've moved to only 2 days in the office now it's going to cost me circa £20 a day in fuel :o

Soldato
177.8p Litre for Shell E5 Today!

I noticed their Super Diesel is even more expensive around 179.2P Litre in London today!

No wonder so little traffic on the road is the byproduct of these high prices I no longer need to get up 4AM for a decent drive with no traffic!!

Man of Honour
160.9 through to 179.5 for diesel in town :(

EDIT: Best bit was it was 160.0 as I went one way, 160.9 when I came back 2 minutes later LOL.

Back
Top Bottom