Phanteks Evolv ATX - Glass or regular?

Associate
Hi all

I'm considering buying the Phanteks Evolve ATX case.

its far more of a case than i need, and i struggle to justify the cost, but i just like the look of it, and now every other case i look at, isnt as nice.

I want black, rather than gunmetal, but should i go with the glass or the regular? there is little in it cost wise.

Is the glass tinted? because, with all the will in the world, the right side (side that doesnt usually have a window) is going to look like a wiring mess i suspect.

It is surprising how much more the ATX version costs over say the ITX version, its obviously bigger, but its a fair old increase... wish i'd bought a mAtx board now lol

thanks

Associate
I'm shortly upgrading my rig and I'm buying the
Tempered glass version.
It looks better than the standard one.
Also I'm a perfectionist so cable management is something I will spend time on but a simple solution if your cable management isn't on par is just to tint the side window yourself,
With some motor window tint.

Associate
OP
My cable management isnt too bad, but the cables have got to go somewhere, i guess there are internal areas for the excess cable to sit, my current case doesnt have this, so to keep it out the way, its all tucked up the back (right hand side).

Associate
OP
It is lovely... i dont really "need" a new case though. my 10 year old Lian li case is doing the job... just about. even if the PSU is in an unfashionable place.

its not always about "need" though is it? lol

Soldato
No question go for the glass, it's MUCH nicer. As for the wiring mess, I doubt you'll see that side will you? If it's against the wall, you can use the included light strip in that side of the case and it will cast a nice glow on your wall. :)

Alternatively, check out the Phanteks P400S. I have done builds in both the Evolv and the P400S myself and the latter is definitely a bit quieter, plus it's much nicer in the flesh than you might think looking at photos, not to mention being amazing value. The Evolv is an attractive case for sure, but its £175 price tag isn't really justified IMO, not in light of the competition now.

Last edited:
Associate
I was looking at the Pro M Glass as did not want to spend more than £100 but the Evolv Glass has really grown on me. Glass vs non is a no brainer as minor cost differential, full window rather than partial as well as just aesthetically better looking imho.

The decision I am struggling with is black vs silver. I was originally going for the blacked out look with RGB / LED contrast. But I am now leaning on the Silver a) because its £30 cheaper b) I like the contrast of the silver aluminium paddles and the black glass c) silver shows up dust less.

What colour did you guys go for?

Back
Top Bottom