Phanteks Evolv Shift XT

Soldato
I’m looking forward to this as well, looks pretty cool!

I want a 200 MAX initially but stock seems pretty much non existent. And I like the look of the rad support in the top of this.

Soldato
You could say I like this case :D.

y4mosgHgSmDIM64mra_tm1CKEF9VVmN2mfounk6kSI4LBXE26cueAl4H2mNGVu4tCvH0qKgAMqOYLsRyx-JETd9Jonc2U_GFDcj7-2LchEoAB-2o0GHl4UNZ2GICkGBEDs1k5S_p4VKg8Ul-F7JZaN88e_-ZiNEO3jn5BgRQJ3vs3s

The Shift XT in the middle of the image which has a kitchen drawer handle from B&Q fitted up top was the first build made from old components I had (4770k, GTX1070) and I liked the case so much I got another one for my new rig, which is the one on the left. The silver one I picked up discounted in the recent OCUK promotion and will be modded in to NAS or "something" ;).

The silver is nicer in than I thought it would be, but I would have preferred a gunmetal or similar, that would have been main rig colour.

I emailed Phanteks about the much rumoured LCD display for the Evolv Shift XT and they kindly replied, but said that they were still working on it. Seeing as the case design is over a year old I'll be surprised if a LCD screen mod is ever released. Have to do it myself then.

Soldato
You could say I like this case :D.

y4mosgHgSmDIM64mra_tm1CKEF9VVmN2mfounk6kSI4LBXE26cueAl4H2mNGVu4tCvH0qKgAMqOYLsRyx-JETd9Jonc2U_GFDcj7-2LchEoAB-2o0GHl4UNZ2GICkGBEDs1k5S_p4VKg8Ul-F7JZaN88e_-ZiNEO3jn5BgRQJ3vs3s

The Shift XT in the middle of the image which has a kitchen drawer handle from B&Q fitted up top was the first build made from old components I had (4770k, GTX1070) and I liked the case so much I got another one for my new rig, which is the one on the left. The silver one I picked up discounted in the recent OCUK promotion and will be modded in to NAS or "something" ;).

The silver is nicer in than I thought it would be, but I would have preferred a gunmetal or similar, that would have been main rig colour.

I emailed Phanteks about the much rumoured LCD display for the Evolv Shift XT and they kindly replied, but said that they were still working on it. Seeing as the case design is over a year old I'll be surprised if a LCD screen mod is ever released. Have to do it myself then.

There's a guy on youtube who did the LCD mod with links to the exact components needed, think it was one of the Kitguru guys who did it.

Soldato
There's a guy on youtube who did the LCD mod with links to the exact components needed, think it was one of the Kitguru guys who did it.

You may mean this video? GGF Events.

It's a really good video and shows you what's possible with the Shift XT. The screen he uses is from AliExpress; I've never bought anything direct from China so I'm looking at alternatives.

In the video above he also uses a MO-RA3 external radiator which I have from a previous build, as soon as I've decommissioned that one I will be using it with the Shift XT as I've crammed in a 13700k and a 4090FE in to this case :). At the moment the 13700k is cooled with a DeepCool LT520 which is okay but the fans need changing in my opinion (noise and effective airflow) so I've got two Phanteks T30's waiting to be fitted.

y4mRQ1q6NfvTa2gXLBhG0tmCuBfdmdvuVtfFBN0haMaxts8p7cjjDb3mUMqcBkPeNiyPr1UJ48N13MYLNgimOv3-mmBjbnSBJfgPSdeGhvsDyOuzBwSs0iW9zwOYCXGFAkmevbR4J9LZQFwwHD6wkOAJW7TDqWz4rh6kOMS4N-mK04

Soldato
You may mean this video? GGF Events.

It's a really good video and shows you what's possible with the Shift XT. The screen he uses is from AliExpress; I've never bought anything direct from China so I'm looking at alternatives.

In the video above he also uses a MO-RA3 external radiator which I have from a previous build, as soon as I've decommissioned that one I will be using it with the Shift XT as I've crammed in a 13700k and a 4090FE in to this case :). At the moment the 13700k is cooled with a DeepCool LT520 which is okay but the fans need changing in my opinion (noise and effective airflow) so I've got two Phanteks T30's waiting to be fitted.

y4mRQ1q6NfvTa2gXLBhG0tmCuBfdmdvuVtfFBN0haMaxts8p7cjjDb3mUMqcBkPeNiyPr1UJ48N13MYLNgimOv3-mmBjbnSBJfgPSdeGhvsDyOuzBwSs0iW9zwOYCXGFAkmevbR4J9LZQFwwHD6wkOAJW7TDqWz4rh6kOMS4N-mK04

Yeah its that one! Proper awesome build, i love it! I was comtemplating getting this case when it first launched but in the end diverted and got something abit different using a MO-RA360 radiator as well. My 13700k overclocked 5.2ghz on the MO-RA360 runs around 51c on gaming load, its crazy how much cooling capacity it has. The 3090 i have runs around 41c with ambient around 20c.

Soldato
I've seen your build XProto in the Projects subforum, impressive stuff! I like the chrome tubing as I did something similar with a previous project (Parallel In The Black, dead image links tho :() and I'm thinking of doing something like it again inside the Shift XT.

I just can't decide on what CPU and GPU waterblocks to use in the Shift XT which is a bit silly as I won't see them - unless I use glass or acrylic instead of the mesh sides.

Back
Top Bottom