Phanteks P350x Fan placement?

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

this case comes with one front 120mm fan and I have just bought 2 140mm fans extra to go with a cpu cooler fan as well.

Any idea where to place these 2 extra fans for the best airflow? I was thinking put both 140’s at the front and the 120 at the back (as the back only has space for 1 fan I believe)

Or is it better to put 2 fans at the top of the case?

Soldato
I would go with 2 x 140mm front and the 120mm rear, it's what i have in my Pro M case and works well. (although i have a 140mm fan at the back, so 3 x 140mm total)

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
Thanks for the help guys! Both 140’s will be atthe front and the 120 at the back!

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Thanks for the help guys! Both 140’s will be atthe front and the 120 at the back!

Mind if I ask - did you use steel screws to afix the 2 x 140mm front fans or did you use rubber "screws"?

I've just got the same case and the two Alpenphon case fans cone with long(ish) rubber grommets but the instruction sheet (if you can call it that) seems to suggest they are used when you are putting them in the roof of the case!?!?

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
Mind if I ask - did you use steel screws to afix the 2 x 140mm front fans or did you use rubber "screws"?

I've just got the same case and the two Alpenphon case fans cone with long(ish) rubber grommets but the instruction sheet (if you can call it that) seems to suggest they are used when you are putting them in the roof of the case!?!?

I still havent done it yet! Im just waiting on the rest of my parts that I need to order before I put everything together.

However I dont think it matters what type of screw it is, as long as you dont tighten it too hard as it may crack the case (steel ones especially). Roof is also an option but its better to have front and back I feel

Soldato
I still havent done it yet! Im just waiting on the rest of my parts that I need to order before I put everything together.

However I dont think it matters what type of screw it is, as long as you dont tighten it too hard as it may crack the case (steel ones especially). Roof is also an option but its better to have front and back I feel

Thanks for the reply - I've used the steel screws in the end because the rubber thingy's don't look as though they will actually hold much (I'm sure I've misunderstood how they should be fitted tho! :p)

Anyway, I've got everything fitted in the case but have a couple of queries if anyone has any experience of this case?

Firstly, one of the cables coming from the front panel is a "SATA" connector and for the life of me I can't figure out what this is/could be used for!?!?! (my, albeit limited, knowledge is a SATA cable is used to connect a hard drive to the motherboard - what would this be connecting if it's coming from the case itself straight to the PSU? (the case instructions just says "Connect to power supply"!?!?)

Secondly I'm not sure if I've missed a step but while the LED along the bottom of the tempered glass panel is let up with a yellow light, the lights on the front of the case are not illuminated!?!? (and the 2 buttons on the top don't do anything!)

I've connected the digital connector to the RGB header on the motherboard - should this be providing the power?

Thanks for any help - other than the above everything seems to be working a treat!

Associate
Thanks for the reply - I've used the steel screws in the end because the rubber thingy's don't look as though they will actually hold much (I'm sure I've misunderstood how they should be fitted tho! :p)

Anyway, I've got everything fitted in the case but have a couple of queries if anyone has any experience of this case?

Firstly, one of the cables coming from the front panel is a "SATA" connector and for the life of me I can't figure out what this is/could be used for!?!?! (my, albeit limited, knowledge is a SATA cable is used to connect a hard drive to the motherboard - what would this be connecting if it's coming from the case itself straight to the PSU? (the case instructions just says "Connect to power supply"!?!?)

Secondly I'm not sure if I've missed a step but while the LED along the bottom of the tempered glass panel is let up with a yellow light, the lights on the front of the case are not illuminated!?!? (and the 2 buttons on the top don't do anything!)

I've connected the digital connector to the RGB header on the motherboard - should this be providing the power?

Thanks for any help - other than the above everything seems to be working a treat!
Try connecting the sata I think it provides power for lighting

Soldato
Try connecting the sata I think it provides power for lighting

I feel a bit daft for not thinking of that - I just couldn't get hard drive connections out of my head!

I've connected the SATA and it does indeed give power to the front panel LED strips - however, the buttons on the top of the case don't seem to do as the manual suggests!?!?

The front button (RGB Mode) does indeed turn off the front LED strips if you hold it for 2 seconds - but then another 2 second press is supposed to turn off ALL LED's but it doesn't - furthermore the back button says it is supposed to control the colour but it does nothing!?!?

Don't get me wrong, the LED lighting wasn't the reason I got this case but it's annoying that things aren't working as advertised - do you have to have a specific motherboard to be able to utilise the colour variation etc??

(sorry to hijack the thread @Praz94 )

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmm, managed to get the various colours working by installing "RGB Fusion" for my particular motherboard (Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite) but the buttons on the case itself still don't do as advertised!?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom