Phanteks P400A DRGB Setup

Associate
Hi.

Im sure ive built in this case before and getting some dejavu that im going to need some extra cables.

The case has 3 ARGB fans in front which is fine. My motherboard is MSI Tomahawk MAX and gpu Gigabyte 5700 XT.

Can this be directly connected to sync up the mobo software with the case and fans?

I also want to see about adding in an extra ARGB fan to the rear and led strips.

Does it all have to be Phanteks own brand?

This is the adapter I seen and started thinking I needed this before:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-rgb-led-adapter-cable-ca-057-pt.html

Cheers

Soldato
Yes. The Phanteks fans have 2 headers, power and RGB. You can daisy chain the RGB headers and you can just link the PWM headers to a PWM adapter or the board headers.

I have the Evolv X with a B550. I have 3x140mm fans daisy chained for RGB, this is also including my RGB strip, and the PWN is running off the board.

Soldato
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/rgb-3pin-help.18873218/

Then I realised i did make this topic 1 year ago lolol.

I posted in that thread, wheres the time gone? :rolleyes: I've learned a little bit about the crazy world of RGB in that time.

That lead wont work. It's for 12v RGB 4pin. Your fans are 5v D or ARGB. B450 Tomahawk does not have a 5v D or ARGB header. I worked that one out over a year ago.

I'd do a search for an RGB 12v to 5v convertor. There is one out there that looks as though it will do the job but no guarantee. The alternative is to find a motherboard with ARGB headers or swap out the fans for Corsair, that will work with any motherboard, because the controller plugs into a USB2 header & not a A/D/ RGB header.

This is one standard the I wish that the manufacturers should have got together & agreed ONE standard (USB) so everything would be cross compatible. But as per usual they design hardware that doesnt & force you to buy ONE make in most cases.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your help.

Ive been lookin into options for 2 days. Ideally we dont want to swap the motherboard as ARGB connectors arent essential over performance/function.

From what I can tell I will use the 3 front fans ARGB using the case buttons (assuming there isn't a phanteks app).. then his motherboard lighting because its only RGB will either b3 disabled or set on one colour.

As far as additional stuff it seems if I buy the Phanteks Neon DRGB strips they should be able to plug straight into the connectors on the back of the case.

Then using any ARGB/DRGB PWM fan will be able to connect daisy chain to existing case fans and follow same light sequence.

This way:

1. Case fan and strip lighting all works via Case Button.. if he wants more lighting options then a Corsair LNP or Hue is required.
2. Motheboard lighting is minimal so can just use mystic app to pick or disable.
3. Gigabyte 5700XT lighting can be picked via RGB Fusion app.. again lighting is minimal so getting it all syncd isnt the end of the world.

Also I made that post and will ask my friend who this is for about the additonal ones if you have them m8.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/montymint-phanteks-p400a-drgb-fans.18908777/

Back
Top Bottom