Phanteks Revolt 1000 PCI Cables

Associate
Hey All,

I've recently started to build a new PC and bought the PSU in the subject, I knew it didn't come with cables so bought the PCI starter kit (white).

What I didn't realise is that it didn't come with any PCIE power cables which I need 2 of for the mobo and the fan controller.

For the life of my I cannot find anywhere that sells the PCIE cables in white separately.

Any ideas, I currently have a very expensive brick sat here doing thing.

Man of Honour
What I didn't realise is that it didn't come with any PCIE power cables which I need 2 of for the mobo and the fan controller.
The motherboard should use EPS12v which the kit includes two of? If that's the case, probably easier/cheaper to get an adapter for the fan controller.

Associate
OP
Probably should state that this is to connect up an asus Maximus z790 formula, which has the 2 12v connectors at the top of the motherboard + the main motherboard connector.

Next to the main motherboard power there is another 8 pin connector which states it's for PCIE_SPIN_POWER for the graphics card, I'm assuming the mobo will need the additional power from that, as I'm putting a 4090 in this build and if I run it just off of the 12VHPWR connector I'm likely to run into issues/lucky if it'll run at all?

edit: could I use a sata adapter for both? I have a whole bunch of sata power cables not being used, or would that cause issues?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Probably should state that this is to connect up an asus Maximus z790 formula, which has the 2 12v connectors at the top of the motherboard + the main motherboard connector.

Next to the main motherboard power there is another 8 pin connector which states it's for PCIE_SPIN_POWER for the graphics card, I'm assuming the mobo will need the additional power from that, as I'm putting a 4090 in this build and if I run it just off of the 12VHPWR connector I'm likely to run into issues/lucky if it'll run at all?

edit: could I use a sata adapter for both? I have a whole bunch of sata power cables not being used, or would that cause issues?
Next is the 24-pin ATX connector to power the board and an 8-pin PCIe connector, which, when used, provides up to 60W of fast charging power (QC4+) for the front panel USB Type-C port (otherwise, it’s a maximum of 27W). If you charge devices off your PC, this certainly comes in handy.

Associate
OP
Next is the 24-pin ATX connector to power the board and an 8-pin PCIe connector, which, when used, provides up to 60W of fast charging power (QC4+) for the front panel USB Type-C port (otherwise, it’s a maximum of 27W). If you charge devices off your PC, this certainly comes in handy.

Hot damn that's great news, at least I kow I can continue the build while not worrying about that, I very rarely charge any devices from my machine. Anyone see any issues with getting a sata to 6 pin converter for the controller? It'll be the only thing on that cable so should have enough power, until I can order the proper cables for the PSU.

Man of Honour
Hot damn that's great news, at least I kow I can continue the build while not worrying about that, I very rarely charge any devices from my machine. Anyone see any issues with getting a sata to 6 pin converter for the controller? It'll be the only thing on that cable so should have enough power, until I can order the proper cables for the PSU.
They're not highly thought of, but that's when people use them for graphics, so I'm sure you'll be fine so long as you buy a decent brand.

Back
Top Bottom