Phates Project52

Caporegime
Hello!

I have half-heartedly tried to do a Project52 and Project365's before but usually end up getting my priorities mixed up and they trail off.

Anyway, lots happened recently and keeping this project will give me the focus I need and some 'forced' me time each week - which is what I really need right now.

I plan on structuring each post as follows. The starting image will be this weeks photo then potentially some seperate images afterwards which I also like from the same set.

Anyway, without further ado.

Week 1

JLE61104.jpg

This is a photo of the "Ponte de 25 Abril" Bridge in Lisbon. I walked down for a sunrise today and this heavy cloud came in as I was setting my camera gear up. I changed up my usual wide angle for a 75mm (150mm) prime and captured this frame.

I feel that with everything happening right now, it represents a lot of things for me. Struggling to see through the clouds.

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------

2 others from this morning.

JLE61115.jpg

JLE61094.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Jake

Caporegime
OP
Week 2
w2.jpg

Shot by the MAAT Museum at the river alongisde Lisbon. Excellent sunset tonight :) (I do have some others to add from earlier but this is the one I've settled on for the week)

Soldato
The 2nd image from week 1 is epic, really liking that, the first one has that look that Godzilla is about to emerge from the fog. :p

Week 2 is also a strong with great colours, the only thing that bugs me is the lines all lead to the people on the steps and due to exposure time they are a little blurred but not blurred enough to separate them from the background (if that makes sense?!?).

Caporegime
OP
The 2nd image from week 1 is epic, really liking that, the first one has that look that Godzilla is about to emerge from the fog. :p

Thanks! TBH Whilst I did like the others, the one I settled on felt very close to home right now. A clouded mind, basically. :)

Week 2 is also a strong with great colours, the only thing that bugs me is the lines all lead to the people on the steps and due to exposure time they are a little blurred but not blurred enough to separate them from the background (if that makes sense?!?).

Yes that makes sense and actually was intentional. Its a very popular place with people everywhere. I am glad they didn't move too much, I didn't want them to be very blurry! :)

Thanks for your feedback, I'll add some more tomorrow from today.

Caporegime
OP
Week 3
w3.jpg

----

Kinda frustrated this week, there have been some incredibly atmospheric days in Lisbon with heavy mist/fog but on those days I didn't have the camera with me. :rolleyes: - then this weekend I wasn't able to get out and shoot.

However, I did take the camera and walked around work when I had a spare 30mins and went to a nearby fountain. This week, the camera isn't leaving the bag and I am hoping for more foggy days :)

Soldato
You had about as much visibility in Seattle as I did last time. My mum had over 18 inches of snow around the time you were out there!

What did you think of what you saw of the City?

Caporegime
OP
You had about as much visibility in Seattle as I did last time. My mum had over 18 inches of snow around the time you were out there!

What did you think of what you saw of the City?
TBH I am not a big fan of america in general. Although admitedly I was there for work and not other reasons so I didn't get to see much. I liked the view from Kerry Park...but that was about it. By the end of the week I was glad to come home :p :)

Back
Top Bottom