Philips BDM4037UW

Associate
https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/BDM4037UW_93/brilliance-4k-ultra-hd-lcd-display-with-multiview

BDM4037_UW_93_RTP_global_001.jpg

Featuring a fairly subtle 3000R curvature, the new Philips BDM4037UW will offer users a large 40" screen based on a VA technology panel. The screen offers a 3840 x 2160 resolution along with a 4ms G2G response time, 60Hz refresh rate, 4000:1 contrast ratio, 300 cd/m2 brightness, 1.07 billion colour depth (8-bit +FRC), 85% NTSC gamut (slightly extending beyond the normal 72% coverage of sRGB) and 178/178 viewing angles. The screen is flicker free also.

The stand offers only a tilt adjustment and there are VGA, 2x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI 1.4 and 1x HDMI 2.0 ports offered. Both HDMI ports also support MHL. 4x USB 3.0 ports are included, one with fast charging support. Integrated 2x 5W speakers and audio in/headphone out are also featured. Various Picture by Picture (PbP) and Picture in Picture (PiP) configurations can be used which are useful on a screen this size.

The screen is being showcased at IFA 2016 from 2nd Sept in Berlin. No word on price or release date yet.

It's that time of year when Philips bring out a new 40", I've bought the last two big monitors they've released.

The BDM4065UC is a 40" 8bit VA panel, flat, came on a naff TV stand, and I felt the PPI was fractionally too small for comfortable reading at a native 4k resolution.

The BDM4350UC is a 43" 10bit IPS panel, so the blacks arent as black but colour gradiation is far less noticeable and it's what I'm currently using.

I have to admit I'm disappointed they've gone back to 40" as the extra 3" made native 4k far more usable, I'd also love to see a g/free-sync version for gaming goodness.

Curious to see the pricing of this years effort, the curved screen may win me over :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
The BDM4065UC is a 40" 8bit VA panel, flat, came on a naff TV stand, and I felt the PPI was fractionally too small for comfortable reading at a native 4k resolution.

I have to admit I'm disappointed they've gone back to 40" as the extra 3" made native 4k far more usable,)

Really? Ive got a 4k 32" screen and i find native text "just" on the slightly small size to be comfortable but only just (viewing distance about 18 inches)

40" IMo is perfect, you dont need the extra 3"

Last edited:
Associate
I got to admit - As soon as this monitor comes avail ... Im buying it ... Fits what I want perfectly ...

ya Id love it to have a few better things in relation to gaming ... but if its what I have currently (a crossover 404k basically a philips 40" copycat) but ...
- curved
- better colors

thats good for me. Im trying to convince my wife that I will need 2 40" monitors then :) lol ...

a 40" monitor at 4k works great for stock charts ... I simply cant go back ... let alone other productivity tasks.

Caporegime
STILL missing Freesync!!??? Jeeeez, you'd think they'd learn by now....

Might have it. I only learnt the other day ( a week after selling my two 290x) that my 32" 4k Benq screen has undocumented freesync although it was never advertised as having it and they still dont advertise it as a Freesync monitor.................

Last edited:
Associate
So Ockers when will you be getting this monitor; supposedly they released this monitor but market appears to be limited.

Soldato
other than maybe DVI-D and Display Port what are the advantages of a monitor such as this this over say a Samsung 40KU6400 or even better a 43KU7500

with the latter you'd get 4k, full HDR etc etc

Soldato
I guess it depends on how sensitive you are - and what mode you have the TV set to

I think the 6400 was measured at around 42ms lag - which is not bad

the 7500 about 21ms - which is very good

Back
Top Bottom